PC feels weird

Akadis
Go to solution Solved by 3 Lions,

Maybe reinstall Windows. 

So I have some "problems" or stuff that I am not sure if they work properly and need advice on how to fix or test them.

Last couple of days I noticed that when i move my mouse it would jump some times. As an example: I move the mouse 5 cm left and right and on the screen it would do the same but sometimes double the distance (not exactly but it feels like that). When working normally i often miss buttons because of that.

Today I noticed that the sound when watching yt-videos cracked at the specific time when the mouse jumped. Funny thing is, that while listening to music i can't hear anything off.

Another thing witch kind of bothers me are the CPU temps. I have a 6700K with an corsair H100i GTX cooler (Nocutua NF-F12 2x not stock) and I have 38-40°C while writing here and doing nothing else? Also is a CPU usage of around 15% normal while not doing much?

And my last thing is the RAM usage. I restarted half an hour ago and spotify is open as well as chrome with 3 Tabs but i am using 5.5GB of my 16GB Ram??

Thanks for helping

Maybe reinstall Windows. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Just now, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

Maybe reinstall Windows. 

well I really want to avoid that that is why i am searching a solution. Also I think its a little bit overkill for the problem i have

Just now, Akadis said:

well I really want to avoid that that is why i am searching a solution. Also I think its a little bit overkill for the problem i have

Sometimes it's better to reinstall the OS if it starts to feel strange. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

@LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo Does have a point there. It may seem overkill, but these small things may develop and possibly even damage your system if the OS is faulty. As long as you have the relevant information, it should only a little bit of time to re-install Windows.

3 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

Sometimes it's better to reinstall the OS if it starts to feel strange. 

ok going to do that then. 

Can you tell me what programs i really need for my pc (fan settings and stuff), because atm i have bunch of asus programs (asus maximus viii hero and gtx980ti) the corsair link (psu, cooler). And i think i don't need all of them right?

1 minute ago, Akadis said:

ok going to do that then. 

Can you tell me what programs i really need for my pc (fan settings and stuff), because atm i have bunch of asus programs (asus maximus viii hero and gtx980ti) the corsair link (psu, cooler). And i think i don't need all of them right?

Those programs are fine just when you get to the stage to reinstall them just look for the latest versions. 

زندگی از چراغ

Couldn't say for sure what you would need, but it does sound a little overkill on the application side for your hardware, but if those are what the hardware manufacturer recommends, it would probably be best to keep all of them. It purely depends on the hardware. Probably best to consult an old-school manual or something.