Thinking of an upgrade of my current monitor setup.

JEW UNIT NY

Hey everybody. Hope all is well. I was wondering, I'm thinking of upgrading one of my monitors and need some advice. I currently have an ASUS VG24QE and ASUS PA24Q. I am planning to replace the VG24QE with the ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q. I have a GTX 980 TI (Current rig: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/LvWD4D

1. What kind of frame rates can I expect from current games (if played on 1440p most likely maxed up graphics)? If there are benchmarks I can look at, can I get the links benchmarks?

2. With my current setup, I'm having issues playing games on full screen mode (they don't have the option for borderless fullscreen and windowed mode...Just full screen). I like to play some games (mostly indies) with the sound off and a youtube video/twitch up on my second monitor. I'm having issues with that. When in fullscreen  mode, the youtube video/twitch stream stutters and drops in frame rates. Is there away to fix this issues? I have bordleress gaming (The PC program), but that only works with games that have a windowed mode already (so that options doesn't work lol)

Thank you for taking the time to read this and hope to hear from you soon. 

**Edit:   https://pcpartpicker.com/b/LvWD4D

1. 60fps?  turn some things down and you'll get 144fps or so..

if a 980ti trades with a 1070, and a 1070 was meant for high refreshrate 1080p/60fps 1440p..

if you can, i highly recommend going 4k (wait a year or so more, get a nice IPS 144hz 4k one, even though you can't game in 4k you'll have it.. for me its like buying a 720p tv in 2008 or so when you could've gotten a 1080p one.. 1440p is the stepping stone to 4k and i feel like it's lived its most of its usefulness like 720p)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 minutes ago, themctipers said:

1. 60fps?  turn some things down and you'll get 144fps or so..

if a 980ti trades with a 1070, and a 1070 was meant for high refreshrate 1080p/60fps 1440p..

if you can, i highly recommend going 4k (wait a year or so more, get a nice IPS 144hz 4k one, even though you can't game in 4k you'll have it.. for me its like buying a 720p tv in 2008 or so when you could've gotten a 1080p one.. 1440p is the stepping stone to 4k and i feel like it's lived its most of its usefulness like 720p)

Thanx for the input. I'm not really interested in 4k just yet. Maybe in four or five years when I update my entire PC, I'll get 4K (assuming 4K is still around and not replaced with a higher resolution). This PC will be used as a living room PC when I move out of my apartment and into a house. It's not worth it to me to update my graphics card yet for 4K.

9 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

looks interesting 

Screen Shot 2017-05-06 at 4.37.59 PM.png

Updated link. Thanx :)