Connected to internet but cannot browse

FrederiKL

Hey guys, 
Just rebooted my older acer aspire 5738g 32bit. Im not quite into computers, thats why i need your help. The main problem is, that im connected to the internet but can't browse? Its show up as there isn't any connection on the browser? i tried all kinda stuff from the internet like reseting winsock through cmd, deleting my network card, reinstalling and updating it through device manager and such. Whats wrong, is there anything to do here.

Thanks....

Are you able to get on the internet with any other services? I've had issues where I can game, skype, teamspeak etc but browser has been a no go.

| Intel i5 4670k @ 4.3GHz | XFX RX 480 8 GB | Asus Z87i-Pro | 8.0 GB Kinston DDR3 | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD |

Just rebooted it, so doesn't really have any other sources to go on the internet. My other computers don't have any issues regarding browsing though.

4 minutes ago, FrederiKL said:

Just rebooted it, so doesn't really have any other sources to go on the internet. My other computers don't have any issues regarding browsing though.

Do what ItsTheDuckAgain, use your terminal to ping google

| Intel i5 4670k @ 4.3GHz | XFX RX 480 8 GB | Asus Z87i-Pro | 8.0 GB Kinston DDR3 | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD |

Also tried writing ping www.google.com ind cmd before i asked here, but that didnt work either ... Tried for for hours its so frustrating :(

8 minutes ago, FrederiKL said:

Also tried writing ping www.google.com ind cmd before i asked here, but that didnt work either ... Tried for for hours its so frustrating :(

dude

seriously

if you want help then read what people write and reply accordingly. thank you!

did you flush your dns cache prior to anything else?

I Would say go into internet options,  and check connections. Make sure you don't have a proxy being forced. Could be infection.

Try getting into safe mode and see if you can access internet.

Lastly,  in CMD with admin privilege,  type netsh winsock reset

Restart again afterwards.

9 minutes ago, FrederiKL said:

are you using DHCP to get IP & gateway address or statically assigned addresses?

if you can connect to the network and access local network resources but not get to the internet then could be an issue getting to the gateway

Sry man, didnt see duckagain had answered. Im gonna try, letting know in a few minutes if it worked. Thanks.

29 minutes ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

fist things first:

open a command box and type:

ipconfig /flushdns

followed by 

ping www.google.com

and let us know if that worked.

Didnt work mate. trying to run in safe mode and see if that works

16 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

I Would say go into internet options,  and check connections. Make sure you don't have a proxy being forced. Could be infection.

Try getting into safe mode and see if you can access internet.

Lastly,  in CMD with admin privilege,  type netsh winsock reset

Restart again afterwards.

Im running in safe mode now, but now it says there isn't any connections available? i can't check my browser then. what to do from here? 

The problem wasn't so complex suddenly... I restarted internet explorer to its standard options... that was the solution. Thanks for your time. Have a good one.