Glossary

MrDuffy

Good morning,

I wonder if it would be beneficial to have a glossary that explains acronyms such as RAM, the difference between Mb and MB, et cetera. This might help less experienced users understand what terms mean what. I would appreciate your thoughts.

Regards,

Richard.

Regards,

Richard.

where would you put such a thing? maybe next to community standards?

anyway, in my experience, anytime someone misunderstands an acronym the community is quick to point them in the right direction. but i can also see why it might be beneficial to less experienced users. the thing is, a quick google search should have all the answers they are looking for and more.

Good morning,

Quite correct RollinLower. In some cases there can be crossovers with different acronyms, an example of this might be DVT, it stands for Deep Vein Thrombosis, or in the tech world Digital Video Technology, et cetera. It would be a little difficult to run on a forum, if you started a thread for the terms it could very quickly go off topic.

Regards,

Richard.

Wikipedia is already invented for such things. As there are ton of terms and acronyms, it doesn't seem viable to just copy links to Wikipedia (or some other site expaining it). I haven't seen much of people asking about general acronyms anyway. More you get questions about what does clearing CMOS mean or stuff like that. Where Wikipedia might not provide good and simple answer.

Also, you already have sig. Why you feel the need to copy-paste same thing to post? It used to be against CS, but after rework, the actual sentence saying that has been removed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv