Cryorig H7 Compatibility

FRN

Hi  Guys,

I'm replacing my NZXT Kraken x52 with a Cryorig H7.

Im wondering if it will fit with my motherboard being an Asus Z270F Strix Gaming.

Anybody on this setup?

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600k 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270F Gaming | Cooler: Cryorig H7 | RAM: GSkill Ripjaws V 8GB 2x4 3200 MHz | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | PSU: Seasonic G-550w 80+ Gold Certified, Semi Modular | Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue | Case: NZXT S340 Elite (Black/Red) | Monitor: BenQ XL2411 144hz | Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Silent | Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB

I'd like to make a Chemistry joke, but all the good ones ARGON. *nudgenudge *winkwink

it should in theory but just to be sure, buy a high ram clearance cooler, a low profile ram stick/s, or stick with the x52

7 minutes ago, goatfeed123 said:

it should in theory but just to be sure, buy a high ram clearance cooler, a low profile ram stick/s, or stick with the x52

I lost my faith on AIOs when it broke last Monday. I think my GSkill Ripjaws V is fairly low profile.

x52 is currenty under NZXT's inspection as per store that I bought it from. I'm not going to wait for it and replace it immediately with an air cooler for lower maintenance. Then I'll sell the x52 when it arrives. I can sell it almost with the price of a brand new one.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600k 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270F Gaming | Cooler: Cryorig H7 | RAM: GSkill Ripjaws V 8GB 2x4 3200 MHz | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | PSU: Seasonic G-550w 80+ Gold Certified, Semi Modular | Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue | Case: NZXT S340 Elite (Black/Red) | Monitor: BenQ XL2411 144hz | Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Silent | Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB

I'd like to make a Chemistry joke, but all the good ones ARGON. *nudgenudge *winkwink

35 minutes ago, FRN said:

Hi  Guys,

I'm replacing my NZXT Kraken x52 with a Cryorig H7.

Im wondering if it will fit with my motherboard being an Asus Z270F Strix Gaming.

Anybody on this setup?

PCPartPicker doesn't have any Z270F/H7 combinations, but it does have the 212 EVO and Dark Rock 3, both of which are larger in at least one direction than the H7. I'd say your fine. Only thing to keep an eye on is case clearance, but the H7 stands a whopping 145mm tall, and I have yet to find a non-crap brand case that it doesn't fit into somehow.

23 minutes ago, goatfeed123 said:

The H7 is designed specifically to not overhang RAM slots. No need to spend money on brand new RAM.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

2 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

PCPartPicker doesn't have any Z270F/H7 combinations, but it does have the 212 EVO and Dark Rock 3, both of which are larger in at least one direction than the H7. I'd say your fine. Only thing to keep an eye on is case clearance, but the H7 stands a whopping 145mm tall, and I have yet to find a non-crap brand case that it doesn't fit into somehow.

The H7 is designed specifically to not overhang RAM slots. No need to spend money on brand new RAM.

That's a lot, thanks. I do have an NZXT S340 Elite so I think I'll be fine with height clearance for the case.

I also checked PCPartPicker and found one Maximus/H7 combo and it was ok.

Just now, FRN said:

That's a lot, thanks. I do have an NZXT S340 Elite so I think I'll be fine with height clearance for the case.

Yeah, you're good.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.