Surface book w/ performance base opinion

currently looking to replace a bulky 17 inch laptop with core i7-6500u, 16 gigs ram, and a nvidia 940M; with the surface book w/ performance base and wanted to see what loss in power and use I'd possibly see by switching

please comment your general opinion of the surface and any tips or alternate devices i should look at  

First question, and probably the most important... How and why do you need a laptop? Do you need a laptop for video editing? Simply just writing papers? Or perhaps artistic purposes? Coding? What are you looking to do with your next purchase, and what is your budget? Don't buy something because it looks cool, buy it because it makes practical sense.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

it depends on your workload.. though surface book might not be the best value for gaming... for other workloads.. its fine

you'd see no performance difference, in fact an improvement as the 965M in the SB Perf base is better than your GPU.

However, I would STRONGLY suggest getting a GTX 1050-based laptop like the amazing Dell XPS 15. it's faster with a GTX 1050 and true quad-core processor, Thunderbolt 3 for external GPU, etc. It has really thin bezels too, so instead of 15" laptop size, it's between 15 and 14.

idk