2 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Forbes is cancer. 

Some other sites have began to use BlockAdblock, it's horrible. 

what do u mean?

Why does no one ever suggest Comodo Internet Security? It's free has the best in business firewall amd has auto deny, basically any file it doesn't know it ran in a sand box and keeps the system safe. 

its what I always run, now I'm on ubuntu so no problems atm lol

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

1 hour ago, Riles4365 said:

what do u mean?

Some sites use ad blocker blockers. Forbes is one of those sites.

33 minutes ago, noahdvs said:

Some sites use ad blocker blockers. Forbes is one of those sites.

there is a court case going on just now in the EU where they are saying the script used to detect the blockers is like cookies, they have have permission to run it. 

if web sites just didn't have full screen intrusive ads then I wouldn't bother, I don't ad block on web sites that have acceptable ads. 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

I have Bit Defender Total Security and have used that for 7 or 8 years it seems. My subscription is running out in two weeks and I am switching to the Russian Kaspersky Total Security 2017 3 devices. It was $15 for a year on Newegg 

I get emails from Bit Defender offering me deals that expire in 72 hours. The choice is your they say. I think they are Romanian outfit. I used to get two year Bit Defender Total Security for 2 years for between $20 and $30 for multiple devices. 

Windows Defender in Windows 10 is very good. They keep improving Windows 10. 

Ryzen 5600 Be Quiet! PureBase500DX  CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240mm RGB  Asus ROG Strix B450-F  1660 Super  Crucial DDR4 32GB 2x16 3800mhz  SK Hynix Gold P31 1TB NVMe  Seagate Barracuda 3TB  Mechanical Keyboard Red switches Logitech G502 mouse  EVGA Supernova 750w GA gold   32" Acer curved 1440p 144hz  MSI 32" Curved 1440p165hz  Aopen 32" 1440p 144hz

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/30/2017 at 10:45 PM, Columbo said:

I have Bit Defender Total Security and have used that for 7 or 8 years it seems. My subscription is running out in two weeks and I am switching to the Russian Kaspersky Total Security 2017 3 devices. It was $15 for a year on Newegg 

I get emails from Bit Defender offering me deals that expire in 72 hours. The choice is your they say. I think they are Romanian outfit. I used to get two year Bit Defender Total Security for 2 years for between $20 and $30 for multiple devices. 

Windows Defender in Windows 10 is very good. They keep improving Windows 10. 

thanks, I had some malware on my pc and windows defender kept saying "protected". It didn't find anything until I got malwarebytes and it found everything and got rid of it all

On 4/30/2017 at 0:37 AM, Riles4365 said:

Hello, so I have recently commited to buying paid version of antivirus system and I was using windows defender but it was useless so I switch to malwarebytes but my trial has expired. I dont know if to pay for their premium version which is good price or if there is any better antivirus software out there. Please help me because I have dealt with virus's before and I don't want them to  happen again. Is malware-bytes a reputable company or is there anything better for around the same price?

Thanks

My go-to setup for security is using Malwarebytes and Vipre Internet/Advanced Security in tandem.

On 4/30/2017 at 0:42 AM, Riles4365 said:

so what is anti malware and what is antivirus. I though malwarebytes just does everythign??????