S340 elite or thermaltake view 31 TG

Go to solution Solved by MVPernula,

S340 Elite imo, the quality is outstanding.

Hi Guys,

Am planning for my first content creation rig. i decided to go for a tempered glass pannel with good space to manage cables. s340 elite was my most fav and got to know about the thermaltake view 31 which has the advantage when we do custom water cooling the pc. am not going for custom water cooling now but planning to upgrade later. should i go for the thermal take view 31 i dont know about the quality of it. but tons of reviews about s340 elite looks premium too which was not in case with view31 TG. is that thermaltake build quality can match nzxt which one i should go with. 

Like you already said ... view31 TG does have better solution when it comes to water cooling. It does support 2x 360mm rad, while S340 elite can support only 240mm. Also in S340 there is little room to mount pump + res. I know I had so much strugles with S340 and my water loop that I ended up buying new case just because I couldn't fit everything inside.

But S340 Elite does look better to me, so I would go with that if I were sure to never go on water cooling. Well you can buy 240mm AIO for CPU, and use hybrid GPU with 120mm AIO already on it. More than enough space for that. You could get even custom loop in S340, but it's way to damn hard.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

2 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

Like you already said ... view31 TG does have better solution when it comes to water cooling. It does support 2x 360mm rad, while S340 elite can support only 240mm. Also in S340 there is little room to mount pump + res. I know I had so much strugles with S340 and my water loop that I ended up buying new case just because I couldn't fit everything inside.

But S340 Elite does look better to me, so I would go with that if I were sure to never go on water cooling. Well you can buy 240mm AIO for CPU, and use hybrid GPU with 120mm AIO already on it. More than enough space for that. You could get even custom loop in S340, but it's way to damn hard.

the s340 can have a push pull 280mm rad on the front

2 minutes ago, Tiwaz said:

the s340 can have a push pull 280mm rad on the front

That's true.

Still not enough space to fit EKWB pump + res combo with normal GPU lenght. If I would buy mini GTX 1070, then it could work, but I had no such luck.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

1 hour ago, Simon771 said:

That's true.

Still not enough space to fit EKWB pump + res combo with normal GPU lenght. If I would buy mini GTX 1070, then it could work, but I had no such luck.

a pump+reservoir combo fits if its not too big, but why dont you just get a watercooling case instead, why so cheap?

2 hours ago, Tiwaz said:

a pump+reservoir combo fits if its not too big, but why dont you just get a watercooling case instead, why so cheap?

Like I said in previous comment, I did go with bigger case in the end. And it wasn't about money. I just liked S340 case, and I tried to fit everything inside.

WD My Cloud 4TB

Just now, Simon771 said:

Like I said in previous comment, I did go with bigger case in the end. And it wasn't about money. I just liked S340 case, and I tried to fit everything inside.

i also have the s340, but in retrospect i should've gotten a better corsair carbide case 

5 minutes ago, Tiwaz said:

i also have the s340, but in retrospect i should've gotten a better corsair carbide case 

If I wouldn't be using water cooling loop, and I would go back to S340 elite probbably. It just looks amazing. And as long as you don't want to put custom water loop in there you are more than fine with that case.

It comes down to buyer's needs.

WD My Cloud 4TB

1 hour ago, Simon771 said:

If I wouldn't be using water cooling loop, and I would go back to S340 elite probbably. It just looks amazing. And as long as you don't want to put custom water loop in there you are more than fine with that case.

It comes down to buyer's needs.

yeah. I know its off topic, but why do people get an i7 when they "only" get an gtx 1070, i mean seriously, most better rendering software as well use gpu acceleration in addition to the CPU

thank you guys i dropped the plan of building a custom water cooling ....went with s340 for the build quality ...thanks for your valuable suggestions