Please stop

Mornincupofhate

Someone needs to tell ltt staff to stop banning these IP addresses. They're datacenter IPs shared by hundreds of people and it does literally nothing when you block one of the 500 servers someone can connect to.

Looks like it's Cloudflare, probably trying to protect from DDOS? You're best to ask @colonel_mortis about it, maybe @Slick or someone.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

1 minute ago, Rangaman42 said:

Looks like it's Cloudflare, probably trying to protect from DDOS? You're best to ask @colonel_mortis about it, maybe @Slick or someone.

"The owner of this website (linustechtips.com) has banned your IP address."

Just now, Mornincupofhate said:

"The owner of this website (linustechtips.com) has banned your IP address.

"Performance & Security by Cloudflare"

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

Just now, Rangaman42 said:

"Performance & Security by Cloudflare"

Yeah, it was obviously blocked through cloudflare, by someone at ltt.

3 minutes ago, Mornincupofhate said:

Yeah, it was obviously blocked through cloudflare, by someone at ltt.

Then contact @colonel_mortis or @Slick about it. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

4 minutes ago, Mornincupofhate said:

"The owner of this website (linustechtips.com) has banned your IP address."

they may have blocked a pool of addresses too (like an entire /24 can be blocked sometimes)

I noticed when I tried to setup an account, I was using TOR and it would not allow me.

We ban IP addresses at that level only when needed to address specific issues. Your request to have that IP address unbanned has been noted, and will be processed in due course (but due to various restrictions, it may take a while).

I'm assuming that's a Private Internet Access IP (there's no way to actually tell that from publicly available information)?

HTTP/2 203

12 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

We ban IP addresses at that level only when needed to address specific issues. Your request to have that IP address unbanned has been noted, and will be processed in due course (but due to various restrictions, it may take a while).

I'm assuming that's a Private Internet Access IP (there's no way to actually tell that from publicly available information)?

Yes, it is a PIA IP address. 

21 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Idk if you can tell me this whether publicly or in a PM but if you can I'd like to ask:

Does LTT block access to this site by users using VPNs and if so which VPNs are blocked?

I'm not trying to violate or circumvent any rules or safeguards LTT has in place but I've recently been considering subscribing to a VPN for accessing accounts (Amazon, mobile banking, LTT, etc.) when I'm using a public and unsecured wifi network.  

So it would help to know while I consider what VPN to use which if any would prevent my accessing LTT while using them.

3 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Idk if you can tell me this whether publicly or in a PM but if you can I'd like to ask:

Does LTT block access to this site by users using VPNs and if so which VPNs are blocked?

I'm not trying to violate or circumvent any rules or safeguards LTT has in place but I've recently been considering subscribing to a VPN for accessing accounts (Amazon, mobile banking, LTT, etc.) when I'm using a public and unsecured wifi network.  

So it would help to know while I consider what VPN to use which if any would prevent my accessing LTT while using them.

VPNs are not blocked in general, though from time to time we may have to block a specific IP address to counter a specific issue, which may affect your VPN connection. Those blocks are lifted though, usually following a request like this one.

HTTP/2 203

6 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

VPNs are not blocked in general, though from time to time we may have to block a specific IP address to counter a specific issue, which may affect your VPN connection. Those blocks are lifted though, usually following a request like this one.

Ok.  Thank you for the information.

10 hours ago, yathis said:

TOR is blocked though.

Tor should not be blocked, though you might experience more CAPTCHAs because those IPs have low reputations.

HTTP/2 203

40 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Tor should not be blocked, though you might experience more CAPTCHAs because those IPs have low reputations.

because all tor traffic is malicious? 94% according to cloudflare. 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

TOR is slow, plus I am not in a communist country, nor hiding from authority.