Getting GTX 1060 6GB or RX 580 8GB and power supply

lokonica

It looks to me that this pc is not custom built, If its a pre built workstation as in Dell,HP and such, no aftermarket PSU will work with your motherboard since the 24 pins are arranged different and the 4 pin CPU power cable will not work with any 8 pin power cable. All the PSU´s for such computers is pretty much custom built so that they only work with their intended motherboards and components. So use that as you may. You can buy cheap 18 to 24 pin PSU adapter but it´s useless unless your current PSU has enough power and also PCI-E cables to support GPU´s.

23 hours ago, lokonica said:

Hello i live in montenegro in europe i m in need of new GPU i have around 250eur so i saw new rx 580 and i m kinda nvidia guy xD and i saw 1060 for similar price which should i get.

I also need new power supply for them can someone link which PS for which GPU.

Right now i have i5 4460 @ 3.20ghz

8 gb of ram and nvidia gt 720 2gb version .

Also which is more quiet and cooler.

I cant upload  pic for you to see idk why

the 580 is a better all-round card but takes more power

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

15 hours ago, punkyard said:

It looks to me that this pc is not custom built, If its a pre built workstation as in Dell,HP and such, no aftermarket PSU will work with your motherboard since the 24 pins are arranged different and the 4 pin CPU power cable will not work with any 8 pin power cable. All the PSU´s for such computers is pretty much custom built so that they only work with their intended motherboards and components. So use that as you may. You can buy cheap 18 to 24 pin PSU adapter but it´s useless unless your current PSU has enough power and also PCI-E cables to support GPU´s.

Ty for this info