I need help

I just got new ram and I turn it on with new ram and nothing happens except the fans turn on and with the old ram its fine but it beeps and it doesn't make any sense to me at all and I think i got some haunted hardware 

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Do you have older ram overclocks at the motherboard? clear CMOS this can be done by removing battery, pushing a button or moving a jumper to be sure consult your motherboard manual. IF this doesnt work try to boot with only 1 stick of RAM.

11 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

I just got new ram and I turn it on with new ram and nothing happens except the fans turn on and with the old ram its fine but it beeps and it doesn't make any sense to me at all and I think i got some haunted hardware 

You should take all your hardware out, including your mobo. Then disconnect all your hardware from your mobo and use can air to blow away any dust and/or dirt from your mobo. Even if you cant see dust, still do it, because there could be tiny hairs or dust on the connectors. After you did this, take a pocket magnifiying glass and inspect your ram slots and try to spot any dust that is left. (You might need a flashlight to light up the grooves) if you're sure it's all clean now, then reassamble everything and start the pc.

Let met know if it helped!

8 minutes ago, Jarno. said:

Do you have older ram overclocks at the motherboard? clear CMOS this can be done by removing battery, pushing a button or moving a jumper to be sure consult your motherboard manual. IF this doesnt work try to boot with only 1 stick of RAM.

I'm using a prebuilt mobo and i can't OC on it

Just now, Billy_Mays said:

I'm using a prebuilt mobo and i can't OC on it

Already tried to boot with less Ram then?

Often the number of beeps and whether they're long or short might tell you what's wrong with the system. 

E.G.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHWA_enGB627GB627&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=beep+codes

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

15 minutes ago, GuruMeditationError said:

Often the number of beeps and whether they're long or short might tell you what's wrong with the system. 

E.G.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHWA_enGB627GB627&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=beep+codes

It has 6 beeps on a AMI bios

37 minutes ago, Jarno. said:

Already tried to boot with less Ram then?

Tried with just 4gb works but it beeps 6 times on AMI bios

Not sure how accurate this page is: http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

...but it says, 6 beeps might be a keyboard problem...more specifically that you might have it plugged into the wrong port? Do you have one plugged in to it at all?

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

6gb or 2gb doesn't work. 2gb has the beeps but when i try 6gb the CPU fan speed just ramps up to be quite fast and loud

Just now, GuruMeditationError said:

Not sure how accurate this page is: http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

...but it says, 6 beeps might be a keyboard problem...more specifically that you might have it plugged into the wrong port? Do you have one plugged in to it at all?

I dont have any keyboard and mouse nothing plugged into the mobo

45 minutes ago, Mister-Wizard said:

You should take all your hardware out, including your mobo. Then disconnect all your hardware from your mobo and use can air to blow away any dust and/or dirt from your mobo. Even if you cant see dust, still do it, because there could be tiny hairs or dust on the connectors. After you did this, take a pocket magnifiying glass and inspect your ram slots and try to spot any dust that is left. (You might need a flashlight to light up the grooves) if you're sure it's all clean now, then reassamble everything and start the pc.

Let met know if it helped!

I dont have canned air but tried everything else still nothing

I dont have any keyboard and mouse nothing plugged into the mobo

That might be why it's beeping.

It's possible there's more than one problem...if you try it with the keyboard plugged in and see if it stops the beeping then that's one step closer.

3 minutes ago, GuruMeditationError said:

That might be why it's beeping.

It's possible there's more than one problem...if you try it with the keyboard plugged in and see if it stops the beeping then that's one step closer.

ps2 or usb?

I think it should be fine with a USB keyboard, if it's a newer motherboard...it's been a while since I've come up against a mobo that required ps2 for installation but it might be worth trying both.

...if you've already got Windows installed (it's just a RAM replacement?) then whatever you were using before should be okay.

2 minutes ago, GuruMeditationError said:

I think it should be fine with a USB keyboard, if it's a newer motherboard...it's been a while since I've come up against a mobo that required ps2 for installation but it might be worth trying both.

...if you've already got Windows installed (it's just a RAM replacement?) then whatever you were using before should be okay.

i do have windows installed i was supposed to just replace the ram but it turned out to be a bit more than expected 

7 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

i do have windows installed i was supposed to just replace the ram but it turned out to be a bit more than expected 

Okay...

...try the RAM sticks one at a time and see if you can identify if one of them's faulty.

The beeping could be something as simple as just the keyboard not being plugged in, so it might be worth plugging one into it just to try and stop it beeping at you, but it sounds like you might have a bad RAM module.

If the fan is hitting top speed it might be because it's bios controlled and if the machine is having trouble getting into bios, then it's possible the fan is having time to spin up to full speed (but that's just a guess).

Try each stick separately (one at a time) and see if you've got a faulty module (i.e. if it just won't start with one of them inserted)...I'm not sure if the beep codes override each other, so it might not sound for bad RAM if there's a keyboard issue. 

...but yeah...see if you can get it to stop beeping by plugging in a keyboard and if that works, then try the RAM sticks separately to see if you get a different beep code and/or to see if it just doesn't work with one of the sticks plugged in.

33 minutes ago, GuruMeditationError said:

Okay...

...try the RAM sticks one at a time and see if you can identify if one of them's faulty.

The beeping could be something as simple as just the keyboard not being plugged in, so it might be worth plugging one into it just to try and stop it beeping at you, but it sounds like you might have a bad RAM module.

If the fan is hitting top speed it might be because it's bios controlled and if the machine is having trouble getting into bios, then it's possible the fan is having time to spin up to full speed (but that's just a guess).

Try each stick separately (one at a time) and see if you've got a faulty module (i.e. if it just won't start with one of them inserted)...I'm not sure if the beep codes override each other, so it might not sound for bad RAM if there's a keyboard issue. 

...but yeah...see if you can get it to stop beeping by plugging in a keyboard and if that works, then try the RAM sticks separately to see if you get a different beep code and/or to see if it just doesn't work with one of the sticks plugged in.

I came to the conclusion that one of my sticks are dead and I literally just got them today and they were not even used unless I got the weird products that you can get on Newegg 

It happens. It's a pain, but it's just one of those things...you just have to RMA it, but they might ask you to send all of them back. That happened to me with some Ballistix Tracer RAM I had quite some time ago now.

3 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

I came to the conclusion that one of my sticks are dead and I literally just got them today and they were not even used unless I got the weird products that you can get on Newegg 

Sorry, keep forgetting to quote...not been here for a while...

...but yeah...as above...you just have to RMA it.  

Just now, GuruMeditationError said:

It happens. It's a pain, but it's just one of those things...you just have to RMA it, but they might ask you to send all of them back. That happened to me with some Ballistix Tracer RAM I had quite some time ago now.

Ok a big thanks to you for helping me out

That's okay...reciprocity ;) 

...ask a question, answer a question. ;) 

19 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

Ok a big thanks to you for helping me out

Also, it just occurred to me...something else you might want to check with the fan spinning up to full speed, is that the fan's still connected properly...I had a similar problem over the last few days and it turned out to be the PWM pin disconnecting because the connector had slipped slightly...when that happens it will spin up to full speed because there's no signal getting through to tell it to slow down...if it's a little loose in that way it could disconnect and re-connect just through the movement of the wires when the case is being worked on.

So basically it might be worth checking your fan connectors also, and making sure they're all properly connected and that none of them came loose when you fitted the RAM.

And with that...he was gone (my work here is done)... lol

10 minutes ago, GuruMeditationError said:

Also, it just occurred to me...something else you might want to check with the fan spinning up to full speed, is that the fan's still connected properly...I had a similar problem over the last few days and it turned out to be the PWM pin disconnecting because the connector had slipped slightly...when that happens it will spin up to full speed because there's no signal getting through to tell it to slow down...if it's a little loose in that way it could disconnect and re-connect just through the movement of the wires when the case is being worked on.

So basically it might be worth checking your fan connectors also, and making sure they're all properly connected and that none of them came loose when you fitted the RAM.

And with that...he was gone (my work here is done)... lol

the fan was connected properly I wouldve seen it i had the mobo flat on my desk but 

the fan was connected properly I wouldve seen it i had the mobo flat on my desk but 

I rma'ed it