Will this bottleneck? (asus h61mx+gtx 760+i7 3770)

TicTac
Go to solution Solved by xToFxREAPER,

So you dont think that using a low end motherboard like the one i got will matter?

since your not trying to oc it will make no difference really unless its lacking some features you really want

So i am going to upgrade my system new motherboard gpu and case i first planed on getting a asus p8z77 m off ebay but now there mostly all gone so i wonded if its even worth upgrading my motherboard (asus h61mx its pcie 2.0) i have a i7 3770 and am getting a gigabyte gtx 760 and yes i need matx because im getting a silver stone tjo8-e  the motherbord i was NOW planing on getting is the Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3  but its 200$ i just want to know if its even worth spending the money and how much of a performance hit ill take from using my nugget motherboard 

Thx, TicTac :)

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

So i am going to upgrade my system new motherboard gpu and case i first planed on getting a asus p8z77 m off ebay but now there mostly all gone so i wonded if its even worth upgrading my motherboard (asus h61mx its pcie 2.0) i have a i7 3770 and am getting a gigabyte gtx 760 and yes i need matx because im getting a silver stone tjo8-e  the motherbord i was NOW planing on getting is the Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3  but its 200$ i just want to know if its even worth spending the money and how much of a performance hit ill take from using my nugget motherboard 

Thx, TicTac :)

Motherboards will not make a real performance difference just oc ability and feature set

Motherboards will not make a real performance difference just oc ability and feature set

So you dont think that using a low end motherboard like the one i got will matter?

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

since your not trying to oc it will make no difference really unless its lacking some features you really want

Since you are getting a gtx 760 I would say the 3770 is a bit overkill for something like gaming as a 4670k/3570k will give you almost identical numbers, I personally would get a better graphics card and then look at an upgrade from that mobo choice if you're still willing to splash a bit more. The reasons for upgrading mobo become less significant when you have a locked cpu so it would be for stuff like connectivity and better onboard audio etc.

Since you are getting a gtx 760 I would say the 3770 is a bit overkill for something like gaming as a 4670k/3570k will give you almost identical numbers, I personally would get a better graphics card and then look at an upgrade from that mobo choice if you're still willing to splash a bit more. The reasons for upgrading mobo become less significant when you have a locked cpu so it would be for stuff like connectivity and better onboard audio etc.

putter came with the 3770 i know i got it off ebay when that was a thing :o but i guess im not looking for much else i might just stick with my nuggetbord than ill see what other people have to say first :) thx for the helpz :)

| Contact Information |

Yes

wat

| Contact Information |

It will be a bottleneck.

But by how much like ?

| Contact Information |

But by how much like ?

Probably by like 25%. It could be as much as 40-50% though.

did you read the post ? 25% what 25% power usage you have to specif 

Your CPU will hold back atleast 25% of your GPU's power. MEaning you spending extra and you're not going to get the benefit of it.

Your CPU will hold back atleast 25% of your GPU's power. MEaning you spending extra and you're not going to get the benefit of it.

what i have the cpu im not buying it have You read the post at all?

| Contact Information |

what i have the cpu im not buying it have You read the post at all?

I know that, I'm just saying that if you buy the 760 you're wasting money because the 3770 will hold you back.

people im looking for answers not trolls 

| Contact Information |

I know that, I'm just saying that if you buy the 760 you're wasting money because the 3770 will hold you back.

how will it hold me back in gaming?

| Contact Information |

The processing power from the 3770 is more then enough for the 760, meaning that the component stopping your computer from running faster in games will be the graphics card (in most cases). If you want to get the most efficient increase in game performance get a faster graphics card (ie: 670/770 from nvidia or r9 280x/r9 290)<- these are some suggestions for alternatives, or hit up the video card section for a second opinion.

Hope this helps

Also I hope the trolls would stop, this forum/section is dedicated to helping people looking for advice related to technology, If you want a troll section added go talk to @Windspeed or go to the Google+ complaints forum :)

The processing power from the 3770 is more then enough for the 760, meaning that the component stopping your computer from running faster in games will be the graphics card (in most cases). If you want to get the most efficient increase in game performance get a faster graphics card (ie: 670/770 from nvidia or r9 280x/r9 290)<- these are some suggestions for alternatives, or hit up the video card section for a second opinion.

Hope this helps

But wait theres more :P umm if i got like a 770 or r9 280x would i need a better motherboard coz at that point i have high end components on a low low end motherboard (with pcie 2.0) 

| Contact Information |

The difference in speed going from pcie 2 to gen 3 is ridiculously small and will not make any sort of noticable difference, there are heaps of vids/diagrams out there showing the performance difference. Only thing to worry about is power supply as the power requirements change as the card gets more powerful.

The difference in speed going from pcie 2 to gen 3 is ridiculously small and will not make any sort of noticable difference, there are heaps of vids/diagrams out there showing the performance difference. Only thing to worry about is power supply as the power requirements change as the card gets more powerful.

well man i love how you actly give me what i want to know <3 umm my psu is a corsair hx750 v2 corsair sent it to me SO don't say its overkill i had a 650 then it broke so they sent me a 750 im not complaining free upgrade :P

| Contact Information |