[Oriveti Basic] First Impressions & Quick Listen

Xenift

Oriveti Basic

c4.PNG.964d6a95fa56df40e1996fa9438f9f42.PNG

Price: SGD$179 MSRP, USD$99MSRP

Style: Over the ear IEMs

Driver: Single Dynamic Driver

https://www.oriveti.com/basic

c2.PNG.5877532fb751d1108b08954aaf2603b0.PNGc1.PNG.0a64d14184dda021d9883dba935a5585.PNG

Build (8.5/10)

The Basics look and feel premium, since they made of an aluminum shell with a hard plastic mold for the MMCX connection point.

The OFC(Oxygen Free Copper) cable is made up of 4 separate wires which 2 wires are for each driver.

The cable has a slight rubbery texture, does not tangle easily and are extremely light. I would not trust this cable with as much abuse i have put into my SE215's thick and bulky cable

but i prefer this type of cable due to it's weight as well as portability. The cable is slightly longer than i would like but it does it job well.

c3.PNG.fc454aa2294b8ccbabfe21e490573692.PNG

Accessories (6/10)

The Basics come with 2 pairs of bi-flange tips in one size, 2 pairs of small, 2 pairs of large and 2 pairs of medium silicon eartips.

Also a small carrying case(palm sized), 2 ear hooks and a caribena.

I find the tips included too soft for my liking thus not providing a great seal unlike the se215, whose silicon tips seal my ears extremely well. (Also se215 silicon is significantly harder)

I use the smallest sized shure silicon tips on my se215, but on the basic i use the largest silicon to get a somewhat reasonable seal. (I might upgrade to spinfits in the near future)

Sound (7/10)

Coming from the SE215, the bass on the Basics were sufficient, but on certain occasions, slightly boomy.

The mids are relatively comparable to of the se215s but the se215 has noticeably better mids making vocals sound clearer, making the basic sound like it has a very very thin cloth over it when listening to female vocals.

Male vocals wise, these perform well.

The part where the Basics outshadow the se215 is in it's treble, the basic's clear treble provides significantly better instrument separation than of what the se215 can provide.

In terms of the highs i found that the basic provides sufficient replication for it's price point and on par with others in it's price range.

In conclusion, i found the basics to be extremely well build, great sounding for music with a lower focus on vocals however abit lacking in terms of female voice reproduction.

A great pickup if you listen to a large genre of music and want a dedicated IEM that is well built and will not break the bank for such a purpose.

Also for people that want to know, the basic's are not good to sleep on :D the SE215 is better for that.