Is there a way to re route audio to mic input?

FishTea

Me and my friend like to play together but they play on internet cafes which prohibits usage of youtube. they want to chill with some music and is there a way to reroute that? We play overwatch.

The norms in which determines the measure of morality of a human act are objective to the moral law and subjectively man/woman's conscience

I have no idea what you're asking what to do but yet, if you get a 3.5mm male to male cable you can plug it from an audio port to a microphone port. If that's what you're asking, you didn't really ask a question.

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

I have no idea what you're asking what to do but yet, if you get a 3.5mm male to male cable you can plug it from an audio port to a microphone port. If that's what you're asking, you didn't really ask a question.

what i mean is that if i play something on windows mediaplayer it will detect as microphone input. meaning it would be the audio input is from the PC or the media player instead of the microphone

The norms in which determines the measure of morality of a human act are objective to the moral law and subjectively man/woman's conscience

9 minutes ago, zeraine00 said:

what i mean is that if i play something on windows mediaplayer it will detect as microphone input. meaning it would be the audio input is from the PC or the media player instead of the microphone

If you have a stereo mix in your recording devices, yeah. But that's all sounds coming from your speakers, you can't specify by program and WMP doesn't have an option to output to a recording device afaik.

You can set any microphone input to 'Monitor this device' or 'Listen to this device" which will let you listen to it.

42 minutes ago, schwarzerrogen said:

You can set any microphone input to 'Monitor this device' or 'Listen to this device" which will let you listen to it.

where can i find it?

Once you have a device plugged into the microphone or line in of your MoBo, go to your Recording devices and Right Click > Properties.

Under the listen tab there will be an option that's unchecked called 'Listen to this Device'. Check that then click Apply and OK. You may want to drop your device audio first (on the source side) before doing this.