Did MemTest test all of my RAM?

So I bought a 4GB Samsung DDR3L RAM from this guy online. It arrived yesterday, plugged it in, booted the laptop up and it worked. Just to be sure, I ran MemTest overnight last night. I set it to run at 8 passes. While running, the RAM info on display showed my 4 GB SK Hynix RAM on DIMM slot 1, which was the default RAM that came with my laptop and not the one that I bought (it was a Samsung RAM). The next morning it said that the test was completed without any errors but it still displayed the RAM info as the 4 GB SK Hynix one. This led me to assume that it only ran the test on the specific module. Then what I did was to remove the SK Hynix RAM and left the Samsung RAM to test by itself. When I booted up MemTest again, I noticed that the active address range was different last night, where both sticks where inserted, from today, where only the Samsung one is inserted. This led me to conclude that MemTest already tested both RAM sticks last night. Is that so? I don't want to waste anymore time testing since I need to edit something.

Thanks to all who will help.