Spigen SGP GLAS.tr SLIM

KushKomputers

So for those of you who don't know, the GLAS.tr slim is a tempered glass screen protector for your smartphone. It is available for the iPhone 5/5s/5s, Samsung Galaxy Note 3/ S4 and the HTC One. One of the advantages to the glass screen protector is that you are still touching the beautiful and flawless glass. I have used many other screen protectors such as the spray on ones, thin plastic ones, wet apply ones, and privacy ones but this is by far my favorite. Your finger just glides across the screen like there is nothing there. One of the draw backs to a glass screen protectors is that they are thick. This can reduce your comparability with cases. 

Lets move on to what you get on the box. You get the screen protector(duh...), six jelly home buttons( p.s. do not use with the 5s), back protectors, alcohol swab, squeegee, instructions, and a verification card. 

Now the installation. This is the easiest application of a screen protector possible. The fact they the screen protector is inherently ridged, I was easily able to line up the screen protector and plop it down. The included alcohol wipe is great for getting any type of grime or grit off of the screen. Unfortunately this a one shot deal, once it goes on, you wont be able to get it off with out cracking the protector. Once it is on, you just push on the middle of the screen and you will see the adhesive stick to the phone. The back protectors are just plastic protectors for the two glass strips on the back and a nicer feeling matt clear protector for the colored metal bit of the phone. very easy to install and give a nice later of deference while letting your phones color to shine through. 

Finally comes the durability and use. I have had the Glas tr on my iPhone 5 and it never cracked, even when I dropped it face down on my tile floor from about one foot. The only reason I had to buy a new one was because my iPhone 5 got water damaged and was unable to battle. Now let me get on to why I am even making this review. The day I got my 5s, I put the screen protector on, the next day I went to a show at the University of Michigan. on my way up the parking structure on the 3rd floor up to my car, my friend bumped into me and my phone slipped out of my hand... it did not just fall out of my hand and take a tumble down a few stairs, it hit the railing and slipped down the middle of the stairwell and smacked down to the very bottom floor. That is a 3 flight drop. the sound of it hitting the ground made my heart skip a beat. I sprinted down the stairs to find it face down on the floor. My knock off element case wooden case was broken off and a few inches away from my phone. as I lifted the phone I was expecting the screen to be totally shattered and my phone screen to be well damaged. when I rotated it, I saw that it was only the screen protector that took some damage with a chip on the right middle side of the device and only 7 cracks across the screen. the screen was still smooth with the exception of the chip. the protective film on the back of the phone protected it from a scratch across the apple logo and the bottom glass panel. If I didn't  have the screen protector on my phone, I would have been boned out of a phone for another couple of months.   

Final Thoughts. Well this is the only screen protector I will put on my devices. The premium feel and protection are unrivaled; however so is the price. The Spigen glas.tr slim for the iPhone 5s will set you back $35 (USD at the time if this review. Price from amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Spigen-Protector-GLAS-tR-Rounded-SGP10111/dp/B00BL5FDFK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384638479&sr=8-1&keywords=spigen+glas+tr+slim ) The price is well worth it in my eyes. i would much rather replace a $35 screen protector than replace a $150 screen. You can not go wrong with this purchase. 

Here are some pictures post drop because I wasn't planning on doing this review so i didn't have any pre-pics. 

post-15416-0-30785600-1384642361_thumb.j

post-15416-0-12070900-1384642376_thumb.j

AMD FX-8350 OC to 4.5ghz      Evga gtx 660       SilverStone FT03      Samsung 840 128gb