SSD recommendation

smith87e

im lookin to purchase two 128GB ssd to raid with the one i already have the question i have is which controllers is the best sandforce,marvell,samsung and so on... also which brands should i be looking at or staying away from and longevity of them right now i have three in mind im assuming most are going to say the samsung 840

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820249032

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147192

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227915

honestly, the difference between the drives is milliseconds in load time, but i do believe the 840 pro is the best, mp5 second and vector 3rd

All of the drives you listed are good drives. People tend to find a brand that like that works best for them and then stick with it. My friend uses OCZ and loves them I personally uses Samsung and love them.

All of the drives you listed are good drives. People tend to find a brand that like that works best for them and then stick with it. My friend uses OCZ and loves them I personally uses Samsung and love them.
thats what i pretty much figured im more of a samsung guy myself just was unsure if the extra 40 was worth it

An SSD is pretty much an SSD, they're all reliable, all super fast. Samsung just makes their own controllers for it, but every other one is just as good.

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

anything between ocz vector, samsung 840 or intel 330 is good

I go with OCZ but I have since bought a M5 Pro Extreme since they are just like Samsung and make amazing SSD's. I say this a lot to people looking for SSDs, I have an OCZ Agility 4 with 20TB writes as of this writing and still going strong..

Go for samsung 840 pro yaaazzz.

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

I'd go for the samsung 840 pro. Quality stuff, very nice looks and my 830 has been reliable since I bought it. [And gets the listed speeds compared to my Force GT which's listed specs of read/write are bold lies =P]

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I'd go with either the vector or the 840 pro as most people seem to agree. If you don't already have farcry 3 get a vector as I'm pretty sure they're still bundling codes for that game with those SSD's. Performance of both those drives are stellar and top of the range. 840 pro's look nicer I find then vectors though.

I have the plextor m5p. It works great. All those drives listed all are fast ssds.

My rig: Cpu: AMD 8350 | Cooler: Corsair h100i with Noctua nf-f12 fans | Ram: 8gb 1600 corsair vengeance | Hard Drive: 2x 1tb wd drives in raid 1 | SSd: 128gb plextor m5p  | Motherboard: asrock extreme9  | Graphics card: amd 7850 2gb | Power Supply: ocz modular | Case: cooler master cm 690 ii          Peripherals: | Monitor: x-star 1440p | Mic: blue snowball  | Keyboard: Flashget G600  | Mouse: No name |

I have the plextor m5p. It works great. All those drives listed all are fast ssds.
thanks chuck Norris!!!!!!!!!!!!!...lol i went with the samsung 840 pro

I have used Kingston SSD's for past three years now. Bought my fist one back in 2009 or 2010 (128GB SSDNow VSeries). That one is still running strongly in my laptop. Currently I have two Kingston 240GB HyperX 3K SSD's in raid 0. Few of my friends are using OCZ and Samsung drives, those are working just great too. Is there really any bad SSD's in markets?

I recommend the 840 Pro, especially for the 128GB version, since it keeps the speeds from the 256GB one. I bought the 256GB 840 Pro to replace the slow 5400RPM hard drive in my ASUS N56DP but I had trouble migrating data because of the partition on the HDD being too large and never had the time to copy al those files manually, but the drive is super fast.

Personally I would choose the Vector due to the cost of of the 840 pro.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

I use a SanDisk Extreme 120gb and for the $95 dollars I payed for it it's pretty fricken awesome!

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |