ROCCAT not sending me a return label

Go to solution Solved by Kleever,

While I haven't dealt with ROCCAT, I can tell you from experience not everyone provides return labels, even if a device is faulty. Here's my experience with a few companies:

Razer - They paid for shipping both ways for my DA: Chroma replacement.

Corsair: I had to pay shipping to get a replacement PSU.

Logitech: They paid shipping both ways for the G303.

HyperX: I had to pay shipping to get a replacement for my Cloud II when the audio on one side stopped working.

Some retailers even charge restocking fees under certain circumstances, so I'd just eat the shipping cost and be done with it if I were you.

So I bought an ISKU keyboard the other day, on the ROCCAT website, wasn't happy with the way the switches/chassis felt (also, two of the bottom switches beneath the space bar were stuck) so I contacted their support for a return. They answered me quickly with a confirmation that my return had been initiated and that I now have 30 days to send it to adress  XYZ. But in the three mails I've recieved they haven't sent me a return label. They only tell me to send it to their RMA adress within 30 days. Now I've of course tried to get in contact with the support via email to ask for one, but nobody has responded (it's been two days now). I get that an instant response is too much to ask but I really want to return this thing before my return window runs out.

Now to my question: Has anyone here had similar experiences (ideally with ROCCAT) or maybe someone here can just explain to me why/if they just expect you to pay for the return yourself, even though you already spent ridiculous amounts of money for shipping in their shop.

Thanks!

26 minutes ago, aGl1tch said:

So I bought an ISKU keyboard the other day, on the ROCCAT website

Now to my question: Has anyone here had similar experiences (ideally with ROCCAT) or maybe someone here can just explain to me why/if they just expect you to pay for the return yourself, even though you already spent ridiculous amounts of money for shipping in their shop.

That's why you buy from retailers like Amazon. Also, Roccat sucks. You can do better next time. :)

1 hour ago, aGl1tch said:

-snip-

becuase they arent really obligated to give you free returns?

idk, cant cost that much to return a keyboard

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

While I haven't dealt with ROCCAT, I can tell you from experience not everyone provides return labels, even if a device is faulty. Here's my experience with a few companies:

Razer - They paid for shipping both ways for my DA: Chroma replacement.

Corsair: I had to pay shipping to get a replacement PSU.

Logitech: They paid shipping both ways for the G303.

HyperX: I had to pay shipping to get a replacement for my Cloud II when the audio on one side stopped working.

Some retailers even charge restocking fees under certain circumstances, so I'd just eat the shipping cost and be done with it if I were you.

1 minute ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

becuase they arent really obligated to give you free returns?

idk, cant cost that much to return a keyboard

I mean even Razer sends you return labels without asking tho xD

1 hour ago, aGl1tch said:

I mean even Razer sends you return labels without asking tho xD

meh, its just a shitty company then

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB