Windows Phone!

mattblahmatt

I've been using the Nokia Lumia 920 for the past year now and I can tell you, other than the lack of apps currently for the platform I love windows phone. I see it just growing in the future as the ecosystem develops.

what's everyone's thoughts about it? Do you have a windows phone? Which phone do you have? What's your experience with the os?

I was going to get one, but there are barely any apps, and i am too much of an android fanboy :)

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

i like it even tho i have the xperia z

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

It's Windows Phone, it has the "Metro UI" like in Windows 8. I don't have one but I would get one if it's good. I currently have a BlackBerry 9320.

Quote me to get a reply!

I have had the Lumia 920 for about 10 months now, and since I have no interest in apps it's a really good phone. And the developement from wp 8 to what it is now is huge and the next update is promised to fix almost everything wrong with the os in terms of basic functionality

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

I'm a mobile phone tester and IT for my company, so I'm working with almost every mobile OS every day.  I own an android phone, but I do like the Windows phone simple approach.  I like the fact that their lowest end models with cheapo single and dual core CPUs can run the OS more smoothly than any other phone with their modern day hardware and GUIs.

Main rig: i7 3770K @ 4.54, Sapphire R9 290, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Mushkin Redline 2133, Lian Li PC-P50R, Seasonic 860xp Platinum, Kingston Hyper X 3K 240GB

freeNAS server: AMD Athlon II 170u 20W, 5 x 3TB WD Red in raid-z1 (12 TB)

media centre: AMD A10-5700, crucial M4 (boot), running XBMC,4 x 3TB WD Red, 3 x 3TB WD green + 2TB green in FlexRAID (17 TB)

I've been using the lumia 520 for a month now.. it has been great so far even though the apps are lacking :)

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

I want to upgrade to a 1020 from my HTC incredible but it is only available under contract at AT&T :( .  

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

i dunno i dont do much on my phone. i only call, play games occasionally(even those i delete eventually) and i take notes of projects i need to do and test that i will have. i have android and nothing is really missing for me, so yeah. but windows phone looks interesting.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I have a HTC 8S and I am enjoying it because it is very smooth and very easy to use. Great that popular apps are slowing coming to Windows Phone. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer