White Screen on my Laptop

So I am currently gaming on a Lenovo Y510p with 16gb of ram and two 755m's running in SLI. Playing games such as Rocket League and Borderlands 2 on very high settings brings my CPU and GPU temps very high so I have to reduce settings to get them to run around 70 degrees. I have been running MSI Afterburner to check my stats while in game and they are fine. Randomly while playing however, my screen will just go white and I cannot do anything other than a hard restart to fix it. Any ideas?

1 minute ago, Cassious said:

my screen will just go white and I cannot do anything other than a hard restart to fix it.

That's not really a fix, is it.

Will audio still work? When you walk around in-game, can you still hear them walking noises etc? If so, it might be actually just your screen. Overheating maybe? If you can, lower the hz of your screen?

Audio still works. Lower it below 59 hz?

Not sure what options you have. I've got 3 if I remember correctly: 50, 60 and 75 hz. When I would change to 75 hz, I also get screen issues, so I stick with 60 hz.

Also, this might not be a solution at all. It's just an idea I got.

Have you already reseated the wire harness on the back of the LCD, as well as on the mainboard of the laptop?  Lenovo and Dell have both been well known to have this issue.  You can't just try to push the connector in, either.  You must disconnect, and reconnect.  While not really recommended (because you'd have the system partially taken apart), you can disconnect and reconnect the harness and see if the screen comes back.  This would help isolate the issue to the harness or the connection.  Again, not recommended, but I've done this numerous times to test Dell and Lenovo LCDs.  Usually the harness just shifted a slight bit.  It needs to be disconnected, reconnected, and I like to add a piece of tape to help keep the connection in place.