tempered glass protector too small..

DSD27

I just got a new phone, I bought a tempered glass screen protector, it had the correct name and model on the package (asus zenfone 3 max 5.5 ZC553KL) , but... its too small. :(

Will it be harmful to the screen if i keep using it it like this?

FnRKlEA.png

Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows

With phones that have curved front glass, a tempered screen protector cant cover the shaped edges without making a "halo" effect. I have the pixel, and it was difficult finding a protector. Idk if your phone has the same design, but it might be an answer. Do amazon review say the same thing? 

Intel i5-6600K, be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Asus MAXIMUS VIII Gene, 16gb Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4, 500gb Samsung 850 Evo, 2tb Seagate Barracuda, GTX 1080 EVGA FTW, Thermaltake Core v21, Seasonic M12II 850W

No, it will not be harmful.

Some manufacturers make it that way in order to increase case comparability, so that could be a reason why it's like that.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

12 minutes ago, descrom93 said:

With phones that have curved front glass, a tempered screen protector cant cover the shaped edges without making a "halo" effect. I have the pixel, and it was difficult finding a protector. Idk if your phone has the same design, but it might be an answer. Do amazon review say the same thing? 

can't find user reviews of this model on amazon.

Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows

15 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

No, it will not be harmful.

Some manufacturers make it that way in order to increase case comparability, so that could be a reason why it's like that.

Thanks.

I read something about that when I googled, but don't you think mine is too much? The others I saw looked less bad. Its not even covering the entire black part on the sides.

I got this response from the store:

"This model is like this due to the curvature that exists where it does not cover the film (around) because the vacuum does not pick up where it is curved otherwise it gets air and takes off."

Apparently its actually like this because of the curved glass, like @descrome99 said.