Time always wrong and hard disk failure on post

djdelarosa25

So my dad bought this motherboard from Lazada (an online shop here in the Philippines) and it's from a Dell Inspiron 660s. It works, however, there are two problems that I've encountered with it.

1. Windows time is always wrong. Even though it is set to sync automatically, and the Windows Time service is running at automatic, every time I boot the PC up, the time is wrong.

2. Most of the time the PC won't boot up. A message that shows 'Hard Disk Failure' pops up, even though Hard Disk Sentinel reports that my hard drive is at perfect health. It would take multiple attempts for the PC to boot up. Oddly enough, there are times where the PC boots up normally at the first attempt, but this seldom happens.

I tried replacing the CMOS battery from an old motherboard I found lying around. The problems still persist.

How do I fix these?

9 minutes ago, djdelarosa25 said:

So my dad bought this motherboard from Lazada (an online shop here in the Philippines) and it's from a Dell Inspiron 660s. It works, however, there are two problems that I've encountered with it.

1. Windows time is always wrong. Even though it is set to sync automatically, and the Windows Time service is running at automatic, every time I boot the PC up, the time is wrong.

2. Most of the time the PC won't boot up. A message that shows 'Hard Disk Failure' pops up, even though Hard Disk Sentinel reports that my hard drive is at perfect health. It would take multiple attempts for the PC to boot up. Oddly enough, there are times where the PC boots up normally at the first attempt, but this seldom happens.

I tried replacing the CMOS battery from an old motherboard I found lying around. The problems still persist.

How do I fix these?

Click on start and then type services in the search bar.

Click on Services then scroll through the list that pops up and select windows time and then change Startup type from automatic to disabled.

Restart your computer and your time should change to the correct time.

There is enough youth in this world, how about a fountain of smart?

3 hours ago, crzyces said:

Click on start and then type services in the search bar.

Click on Services then scroll through the list that pops up and select windows time and then change Startup type from automatic to disabled.

Restart your computer and your time should change to the correct time.

Thanks for the info :) How do I resolve the Hard Disk Failure message at post?

5 hours ago, djdelarosa25 said:

Thanks for the info :) How do I resolve the Hard Disk Failure message at post?

Did you do the start in safe mode.

in the start menu on the bottom left type cmd

cmd.exe will appear in the top of the start box

right click cmd

select run as administrator

another box opens asking if you wish this program to make changes to your computer

click yes

a windows pops up

type

sfc /scannow

hit enter

let it run.

There is enough youth in this world, how about a fountain of smart?

change sata port or change sata cables if the problem comes back you might have bad sata ports on your mobo

or try flashing new bios on that mobo