Ryzen 5 1600x or Ryzen 7 1700?

I am a content creator. I am thinking of an AMD build. I see in couple of reviews that Ryzen 5 1600x is quite similar to Ryzen 7 1700 in question of performance. As I am going to build a budget PC so saving some penny will help me.

So the Ryzen 5 1600x will be better than Ryzen 7 1700?

Or 

Ryzen 7 1700 will be good option for content creator?

Sorry for my bad English.

Your recommendation will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ryzen 7 1700 if i was you! more core more threads will ne more usefull to use. But maybe a cheaper 1600X according to your needs could be a better option.  Everything is based upon what uses you will have with the cpu and your budjet. If you have the money go grab the 1700!

the r7 1700 has two extra cores so it get about a 33% increase in performance when compared to the 1600x in mutithreaded applications. if you are doing content creation those extra 2 cores would matter but the question is will the 33% increase in performance be worth it for you for the price increase? this is also under the assumption both cpus are overclocked to around the same frequency 

The 1700 would be by far the better value. If you don't want to get the 1700 and need to save a bit of money, I would recommend dropping down to the 1600, it is cheaper than the 1600X and comes with a cooler. Overclocking Ryzen CPUs to get the same performance of their more expensive higher clocked counterparts is a trivial process of trial and error that takes only a small time investment.

2 hours ago, nekro said:

Ryzen 7 1700 if i was you! more core more threads will ne more usefull to use. But maybe a cheaper 1600X according to your needs could be a better option.  Everything is based upon what uses you will have with the cpu and your budjet. If you have the money go grab the 1700!

I will do video editing, graphics design and photo editing most.. sometimes I will do some AutoCAD that's all. So what you really think to go with now?