S7 Edge

Flowey

So, I'm looking into getting an Android, tand the sexy cirved screen on the S7 edge really... allures me. Is it actually worth the extra cash or just a gimmick? I mean, both S8 models have curved edges, so it must NOT be just a gimmick, right?

personally, i find it to be a gimmick that makes the phone look better. I don't believe there are any actual uses for it (well, as far as i know there aren't any)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I've seen the S7 Edge and it's pretty nice, not a fan of the curve myself but to each their own. The thing to be aware of is the S7 Edge has a much more defined curve than the S8 models, so if you want a curved screen but not as much as the S7 Edge then you might want to wait for the S8.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

13 minutes ago, Lurick said:

I've seen the S7 Edge and it's pretty nice, not a fan of the curve myself but to each their own. The thing to be aware of is the S7 Edge has a much more defined curve than the S8 models, so if you want a curved screen but not as much as the S7 Edge then you might want to wait for the S8.

Alright, didn't know that, though I think I'm too cheap to get myself an S7 anyways haha. However, do you know if the curve actually fells nice holding and using the phone or is just for show?

Just now, Flowey said:

Alright, didn't know that, though I think I'm too cheap to get myself an S7 anyways haha. However, do you know if the curve actually fells nice holding and using the phone or is just for show?

I didn't really notice it too much when I held the phone. You can tell it's there and it fits in the hand nicely though.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

It's a gimmick to me, and one that has proven to be successful for Samsung, which is why they've kept on it. I've held the S6 and S7 edge and didn't find they felt any better, maybe even a little worse. They just feel sort of odd, and less grippy to me.

Overall I'm not a fan of them at all. They have proven to be less durable than non edge designs, screen protectors don't seem to actually protect them well, or stay on well, which means you either have to accept that the phone is likely to crack if you drop it or accept a case that dramatically alters the look and feel of the phone, more so than cases for phones with flat displays.

The S8's curved display was supposed to be a little more durable, but in the few drop tests I've seen is still just as vulnerable along the curved part. For a while it seemed like other companies were going to go with curved displays, but they've avoided it. Apple allegedly tested curved displays for their IPhone 8, and rejected them after determining they were too fragile, so it will probably remain a Samsung thing. That might change if the S8 breaks some sales records, but I doubt it.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

The Galaxy S7 Edge I think would be good. An S8 may be hard to get due to the large demand. And the S6 Edge it's okay I have one but battery life is a nightmare.

i have the S7 Edge. it feels decent to hold. but the edge is a gimmick.

save the money, dont get the edge.

ive only ever used the edge panel a couple of times, and thats only because i made myself use it

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.