Raspberry Pi 3 not displaying anything

jimpa1812

I have used my raspberry pi several times for different projects and I thought I would try out the CODI OS that comes with NOOBS, I took out the micro SD card, formatted it in SD formatter (as I had had an emulator for retro console on it) and wrote a new disk image to it. I plugged it into the power, I plugged in a keyboard and then finally I plugged it into my monitor with HDMI. I then turned on the Raspberry Pi and switched my monitor from display port (which is what my gaming rig is on) to HDMI which is what my raspberry pi was plugged into to and the monitor only displayed no signal. the raspberry Pi's red LED was on and just to make sure it wasn't my monitor i checked it with my TV and there was still nothing.

3 minutes ago, jimpa1812 said:

I have used my raspberry pi several times for different projects and I thought I would try out the CODI OS that comes with NOOBS, I took out the micro SD card, formatted it in SD formatter (as I had had an emulator for retro console on it) and wrote a new disk image to it. I plugged it into the power, I plugged in a keyboard and then finally I plugged it into my monitor with HDMI. I then turned on the Raspberry Pi and switched my monitor from display port (which is what my gaming rig is on) to HDMI which is what my raspberry pi was plugged into to and the monitor only displayed no signal. the raspberry Pi's red LED was on and just to make sure it wasn't my monitor i checked it with my TV and there was still nothing.

Have you tried unplugging the power and plugging it back in again?

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

4 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

Have you tried unplugging the power and plugging it back in again?

yeah, I'm not too sure what the red LED means (probably should have checked before posting this) but I read somewhere just now that it has something to do with booting. it has been a while since i have put a disk image onto the PI so it may be my fault but if not I'm out of ideas.

You have done some mistake with creating the install on the SD, it simply wont boot up.. try again :-)

Just now, pmos said:

You have done some mistake with creating the install on the SD, it simply wont boot up.. try again :-)

ok, I had a feeling it was me. ill do it now.

I prefer using "berryboot" over N00bs.  You should try it.  Use the standard SD formatter to format the drive, download berryboot, copy and paste the files and then startup.  You can download Kodi and other distros straight from berryboot if you are connected via Ethernet.