Ryzen 7 1800x... woth it...??

right now i am using i7 7700k.... with z170x gaming 7 mother board... zotac 1080 amp extreme gpu... 16gb LPX ram...

i usually do 3d modeling and animation rendering so want to make my rig as fast as possible... my topic is:

1. should i upgrade to new AMD Ryzen7 1800x.... will i get performance boost???

2. wht parts i need to chnge ...??

It will certainly speed up your rendering.

There is enough youth in this world, how about a fountain of smart?

1.- Yes you will but get the 1700 non-X and with an overclock it would perform same as 1800x

2.- You would need new motherboard and cpu. (faster ram is recommended to get)

Remember to quote me (or someone else), otherwise we won't going to recieve your answers...

PC Specs                   PCPartpicker full performance builds (from350$-1250$)

14 minutes ago, Rulzz said:

i usually do 3d modeling and animation rendering

1. Yes.
2. CPU (for sure), Mobo, cooler (stock cooler maybe?)

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

1. Deffo better for rendering. Worse for gaming but only matters if u have 144Hz monitor. On 60Hz it can still keep up.

2. CPU, Motherboard and MAYBE RAM (there has been some issues with low clock or high capacity ram sticks, not sure if it has been resolved yet).

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

i would wait for next years CPUs as the upgrade would be even better

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 hour ago, SCHISCHKA said:

i would wait for next years CPUs as the upgrade would be even better

i agree with u, i also think this  new series will be more stable in next release....>>>>

since you already have a very good PC you may want to consider if an upgrade is worth your money. if you are unhappy with the amount of time it takes atm then rendering will be faster on a ryzen but not so much that i would personally bother to switch unless the machine made me money or i just want to cause tech makes me happy. certainly ther are small trade offs with a 7700k to Ryzen system. either of these CPU's should be considered amazing.

3 hours ago, Conan1600 said:

since you already have a very good PC you may want to consider if an upgrade is worth your money. if you are unhappy with the amount of time it takes atm then rendering will be faster on a ryzen but not so much that i would personally bother to switch unless the machine made me money or i just want to cause tech makes me happy. certainly ther are small trade offs with a 7700k to Ryzen system. either of these CPU's should be considered amazing.

If you want to get it past the Ryzen 1800x oc'd slap https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814105069&cm_re=WX_7100_100-505826-_-14-105-069-_-Product

one of these bad boys in it if you have an open PCIe spot open. If you can sacrifice some 4k gaming graphics, as it games more like an oc'd 1070, then replace your 1080 with it (You can just sell your 1080 for almost the cost of the other card if you want). If you have the open slot, it is as easy as just hooking both up to your monitor, and switching between display input on your display. Your PC will auto switch and you are golden.

You'd literally have the best of both worlds, and a card that can go with you in a year or two when you switch to Ryzen (if you don't go with an new Intel Chipset; please don't, make them have competition for 2 series of chips, so they finally drop fricken prices ;^) .

Edited by crzyces
I posted a link to a 5100 (480 gaming graphics, 1080 rendering, yeah that makes sense for a switch. Changed it to the 7100.

There is enough youth in this world, how about a fountain of smart?