Budget gpu pick

I want to game triple-a titles like GTA V, and I can't choose between the 1050 and 1050Ti, the only thing I'm considering is the extra 2GB of VRAM. Are the extra 30$ for the Ti version worth it, or are 2GB enough?

Going to upgrade in 2 years, give or take.

3 minutes ago, BackfiringOnMe said:

I want to game triple-a titles like GTA V, and I can't choose between the 1050 and 1050Ti, the only thing I'm considering is the extra 2GB of VRAM. Are the extra 30$ for the Ti version worth it, or are 2GB enough?

Going to upgrade in 2 years, give or take.

If you can afford a 1050ti, you would get a much better experience with an RX480 4g.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137082&cm_re=rx480-_-14-137-082-_-Product

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

13 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

If you can afford a 1050ti, you would get a much better experience with an RX480 4g.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137082&cm_re=rx480-_-14-137-082-_-Product

I totally agree, as the 1050 ti is waaaaaay over priced at $159+ now, but the rx480's have been going up for the last 2 months. ei in February there were sales where 8 gig 480's were selling for $179, now you are lucky to find a 4 gig for $199, and an 8 for $207-$230, so I assumed he was really going budget.

There is enough youth in this world, how about a fountain of smart?

On 4/13/2017 at 2:57 AM, crzyces said:

I totally agree, as the 1050 ti is waaaaaay over priced at $159+ now, but the rx480's have been going up for the last 2 months. ei in February there were sales where 8 gig 480's were selling for $179, now you are lucky to find a 4 gig for $199, and an 8 for $207-$230, so I assumed he was really going budget.

Newegg doesn't ship to my country, and IF it does, it would have to go through customs, and that is a mess.

The cheapest RX470 I can get is 188€, and a RX480 4GB is 212€. But being so, I will wait for the 1050Ti prices to come down after some of the hype has passed.

I KNOW I can get a 1050Ti for less than 155€, so I'll keep an eye out.

If I can get something used, what do you advise? Power limits are at about 300W, but space is at a premium right now.

1 hour ago, BackfiringOnMe said:

Newegg doesn't ship to my country, and IF it does, it would have to go through customs, and that is a mess.

The cheapest RX470 I can get is 188€, and a RX480 4GB is 212€. But being so, I will wait for the 1050Ti prices to come down after some of the hype has passed.

I KNOW I can get a 1050Ti for less than 155€, so I'll keep an eye out.

If I can get something used, what do you advise? Power limits are at about 300W, but space is at a premium right now.

All from ebay With Buy it now Prices

Great Deal - Radeon r9 380 4 gb ($Just saw a buy it now for $137 usd)

This Radeon r9 380 ships to: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Denmark, Romania, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Finland, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Estonia, Australia, Greece, Portugal, Cyprus, Slovenia, Japan, China, Sweden, Korea, South, Indonesia, Taiwan, Belgium, France, Hong Kong, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Russian Federation, Israel, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Switzerland, Norway, Saudi Arabia, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Croatia, Republic of, Malaysia, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Montserrat, Turks and Caicos Islands, Barbados, Bangladesh, Bermuda, Brunei Darussalam, Bolivia, Ecuador, Egypt, French Guiana, Guernsey, Gibraltar, Guadeloupe, Iceland, Jersey, Jordan, Cambodia, Cayman Islands, Liechtenstein, Sri Lanka, Luxembourg, Monaco, Macau, Martinique, Maldives, Nicaragua, Oman, Pakistan, Paraguay, Reunion

Good Radeon r9 280 3 gb ($100 usd)

Great  Deal -GTX 970 (I've seen them at $100 usd)

There is enough youth in this world, how about a fountain of smart?

On 4/14/2017 at 2:52 PM, crzyces said:

All from ebay With Buy it now Prices

Great Deal - Radeon r9 380 4 gb ($Just saw a buy it now for $137 usd)

This Radeon r9 380 ships to: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Denmark, Romania, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Finland, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Estonia, Australia, Greece, Portugal, Cyprus, Slovenia, Japan, China, Sweden, Korea, South, Indonesia, Taiwan, Belgium, France, Hong Kong, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Russian Federation, Israel, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Switzerland, Norway, Saudi Arabia, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Croatia, Republic of, Malaysia, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Montserrat, Turks and Caicos Islands, Barbados, Bangladesh, Bermuda, Brunei Darussalam, Bolivia, Ecuador, Egypt, French Guiana, Guernsey, Gibraltar, Guadeloupe, Iceland, Jersey, Jordan, Cambodia, Cayman Islands, Liechtenstein, Sri Lanka, Luxembourg, Monaco, Macau, Martinique, Maldives, Nicaragua, Oman, Pakistan, Paraguay, Reunion

Good Radeon r9 280 3 gb ($100 usd)

Great  Deal -GTX 970 (I've seen them at $100 usd)

I also found a R9 380X reference design here for the same as a 1050 Ti, but it's pretty long.