water cooling

This may seem like a pretty dumb question but I don't care ill still ask it, are there any good water cooler starter kits out?

Just now, skkler said:

This may seem like a pretty dumb question but I don't care ill still ask it, are there any good water cooler starter kits out?

you want a custom loop or an AIO?

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

you want a custom loop or an AIO?

custom loop, im wanting to get a side job at a place that does pc customizing and they don't have anyone there that does custom water cooling so I was gonna give it a go but im not sure what all id need so was hoping there were some starter kits out there.

1 minute ago, skkler said:

If you are looking at custom watercooling kits EKWB has some really good ones to start off with. I personally recommend the P series kit as a great starting point. 

Thread moved to liquid and Exotic cooling

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

If you are looking at custom watercooling kits EKWB has some really good ones to start off with. I personally recommend the P series kit as a great starting point. 

Also wanting to do hard line as well so id need tools

1 minute ago, skkler said:

Also wanting to do hard line as well so id need tools

The kits are designed for soft tubing, but if you are interested in hardline you will need at the very least a bending kit (cutter, tubing insert and heat gun) some have bending guides. There are also measuring guides for getting tubing at the exact length and such but it's always a best idea to get a fair bit of extra tubing to do test bends and get a hand of the material. 

Just now, W-L said:

The kits are designed for soft tubing, but if you are interested in hardline you will need at the very least a bending kit (cutter, tubing insert and heat gun) some have bending guides. There are also measuring guides for getting tubing at the exact length and such but it's always a best idea to get a fair bit of extra tubing to do test bends and get a hand of the material. 

know of any good sources for teaching it?

11 minutes ago, skkler said:

know of any good sources for teaching it?

I think Jayz2cents has a video or two on bending hardline tubing.

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, Zando Bob said:

I think Jayz2cents has a video or two on bending hardline tubing.

ahh sweet thanks

As a recommendation from Jayztwpcents, I believe AlphaCool do kit boxes of liquid cooling loops, guaranteed that included items out of the box are compatible with one another. Therefore saving you time finding the correct fittings required. Jay also did a guide to fitings as well, with some advice on fluids given often. EKWB are spectacular as a choice for kits to, but I think they're slightly more expensive.

ALWAYS REMEBER TO NEVER MIX METALS IN LOOPS FOR PROLONGED PERIODS OF TIME.

Best of luck with constructing a loop! I hope it turns out well.

-EnergyEclipse

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again