DisplayPort 1.4 to HDMI cable - Where to Buy?

amrando

I have an AMD Radeon Pro WX 7100 that has four DisplayPort 1.4 connectors, but no HDMI.  My 4K monitor has DisplayPort, so it works fine for that, but I'd like to connect it to my 4K TV using HDMI 2.0

Has anyone seen cables or adapters yet?

Only thing I have to say is to be careful when ordering one online.  I bought one from a newegg retailer that said it was a 1.4 to 2.0 adapter for my new monitor and didnt realize that the retailer was from china and had horrible reviews.  It took almost over a month for it to get here and when it got here it would not run my ultrawide monitor at anything over 1920x1080 so it was obviously not a 1.4 to 2.0 cable.  Also by the time it got here I had already given up and went and bought a cable from a local shop that worked.  It was only about $4 on newegg and wasnt really worth trying to return because the cost would have been too high to send back to china.  Even if I wanted to return it I doubt I could have even if I wanted to because the item was removed from newegg by the time I got it. 

14 minutes ago, amrando said:

I have an AMD Radeon Pro WX 7100 that has four DisplayPort 1.4 connectors, but no HDMI.  My 4K monitor has DisplayPort, so it works fine for that, but I'd like to connect it to my 4K TV using HDMI 2.0

Has anyone seen cables or adapters yet?

No one has made passive adapters for DP 1.3/1.4 to HDMI 2.0 yet, unfortunately. Right now you'll have to get a DisplayPort 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 active adapter.

Thanks for the info.

I wonder what the hold up is?  If it's a passive adapter, it doesn't seem like it should be that hard to manufacture.

Update: I ordered a DisplayPort to HDMI active adapter from Plugable on Ebay.  Total with shipping was $23. It does indeed work.  From my DisplayPort 1.4 port I get UHD 4K at 60Hz on my LG OLED 4K TV.  However, perhaps every 20-30 mins of viewing the video stream seems to skip, sometimes showing digital static or just going black, but it always resumes.  Annoying, but it works for now until proper DisplayPort 1.4 to HDMI 2.0 cables come out.

main-380x254.jpg