Questions about i7 6700k Temperature

Go to solution Solved by airdeano,

then it is about par for the case/cooler combo. you can try to undervolt the CPU to lower the temps, but what you have now is what you got.

nuttin' really obviously wrong. usually in a spacial case with adequate ventilation, you'd have 5-8° above ambient temperature. since you are shorted the adequate ventilation, then you are fine at 12-15° above ambient.

Hi and agfain srry for my english.

Have a question about my i7 6700k, Im a  fan of mini itx my actual case its the Silverstone Rvz02-B http://www.silverstonetek.com/raven/products/index.php?model=RVZ02 ( dont have any extra fans), my cpu cooler its the Silverstone AR06 http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=505 the temperatures of the i7 idle are about 42°C with 2% of load and when Im playing some games the temperature is from 75 to 82°c with 65 to 80% of load so this temperatures are fire or are Draining useful life of my CPU. 

temperaturas.png

That seems normal for that small cooler, I think Linus used this in Edzel's 5960x workstation and it was already extremely warm on idle. You could try reseating it if it changes anything but Id doubt it.

what is your ambient (room temperature)? idle 42° with a 2% load in a 20° ambient would be high.

how about what temps are you getting when the system is 100% loaded?

at stock voltages, you have no worries about CPU degradation.

12 minutes ago, airdeano said:

what is your ambient (room temperature)? idle 42° with a 2% load in a 20° ambient would be high.

how about what temps are you getting when the system is 100% loaded?

at stock voltages, you have no worries about CPU degradation.

Room temperature about 24° (now) sometime I turn off the AC and the romm temp its about 30°C and the idle temp its 45 to 50° approximately.

Use the Asus benchmark program and with 100% load the temp its from 75 to 82° one day get 92° and I scare  a lot xD

then it is about par for the case/cooler combo. you can try to undervolt the CPU to lower the temps, but what you have now is what you got.

nuttin' really obviously wrong. usually in a spacial case with adequate ventilation, you'd have 5-8° above ambient temperature. since you are shorted the adequate ventilation, then you are fine at 12-15° above ambient.