(Must own) pc games

User Name

So I just upgraded my rig with a 980ti and want to do some gaming. I feel like I have been playing the same old games and am in the mood for buying a game that will just blow me away. I own the following already

Witcher 3

GTA 5

Skyrim

Diablo 3

Bf4

StarCraft 2

My question is what games would you say are must own games that I am missing in the collection ( I know there must be a ton ) also I game on an ultrawide monitor so games that are ultrawide friendly. I was thinking fallout 4 but it is just 16:9 as far as I know. Also a game that can push the 980ti would be nice.

Also : I am into all sorts of games but not so much online shooters that you need to play daily to be any good at.

Won't really push anything but terraria and stardew valley are fun, rocket league aswell, if you like lego the lego games are a lot of fun.

A couple are Star Citizen (once it hits beta release) and the Titanfall 2 single player campaign.

Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 PRO CARBON AC | EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER XC ULTRA |
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Black Edition | Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x8GB 3200MHz |
Phaneks Evolv Tempered Glass | Seasonic FOCUS Gold+ 750W |
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB | 860 EVO 500GB | 850 PRO 256GB | Toshiba 2TB 7200RPM

the half life series and portal 1 & 2, rocket league is also fun

[NEW System] (CPU) i7-4790k (mobo) ASUS maximins V (GPU) AMD R9 380x (CPU cooling) Corsair h100 (PSU) EVGA 800w (Monitor's) LG 32" ultrawide @ 75hz and a Asus 27" IPS logitech g602 mouse

[OLD System] (CPU) amd athlon x4 760k@ 4.4ghz/ (mobo) MSI FM2-A55M-E33/ (GPU) Gigabyte windforce 7870 / (CPU cooling) Corsair h100/ (PSU) Corsair CX 430w/ (monitor) dell 1980x1080@60hz 21"/ a logitech keyboard and mouse. Phone: Samsung S5  Galaxy s10e .

OLD Laptop: Dell Latitude E6410 with i5 520m and Nvidia NVS 310

Laptop's: Dell precision m2800 i7 4610m with amd firepro w4170m

other laptop Asus.

Yeah definitely thinking rocket league. And I loved titanfall on Xbox. Is there still a free trial going on on titanfall?

20 minutes ago, User Name said:

So I just upgraded my rig with a 980ti and want to do some gaming. I feel like I have been playing the same old games and am in the mood for buying a game that will just blow me away. I own the following already

Witcher 3

GTA 5

Skyrim

Diablo 3

Bf4

StarCraft 2

My question is what games would you say are must own games that I am missing in the collection ( I know there must be a ton ) also I game on an ultrawide monitor so games that are ultrawide friendly. I was thinking fallout 4 but it is just 16:9 as far as I know. Also a game that can push the 980ti would be nice.

Forza horizon 3, just cause 3, NFS2015(car handling sucks at this game)

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

Doom, rise of the tomb raider are to amazing games that will put your new hard ware to great use. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

12 minutes ago, SeanBond said:

Doom, rise of the tomb raider are to amazing games that will put your new hard ware to great use. 

Question about tomb raider. Does it feel pretty open or is it sort of "on rails" as you just follow a path. I have become so used to open world games that it feels strange going back.

2 hours ago, User Name said:

Question about tomb raider. Does it feel pretty open or is it sort of "on rails" as you just follow a path. I have become so used to open world games that it feels strange going back.

Rise of the Tomb Raider has big open areas and you are able to travel mostly freely between them if you want, but you follow through them following a linear story. It's not "on rails," per se. There are areas along the way that will require equipment upgrades that you'll only find later on, so there is some minor incentive to go back and explore.

I'd caution not to get too married to every game needing an open world. There's a lot to be said for the well-crafted focus possible in more linear games. Your list includes some of the best open-world games ever, but there are a lot of them out there that do it far worse.

My recommendations may be a little more niche than most of those being talked about so far, so do a bit of your own research.. But on a new PC I'd certainly want to have Dark Souls (at least III), the Deus Ex series, the Metro Redux games, Rimworld, Cities: Skylines, Dishonored, and the more recent XCOM games with the right mods. Nier: Automata has really, really grown on me lately as well.

Rise if the TombRaider. Looks awesome, plays nice.

Dishonored 2 is realy cool too.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Dark Souls 3 is absolutely a must own especially if you like open world. The souls series has always had some of the very best open worlds. Very interconnected with great landmarks and lots of shortcuts that open up once you clear a section. And the game isn't impossible. It's just difficult. But many people are scared to play the game because of the reputation it's gotten. Don't be afraid. It's beatable. 

Desktop: i5-6600k w/ be quiet! Pure Rock cooler. | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4 mobo | Patriot Viper 16GB DDR4-3000 | 240GB Sandisk SSD | Corsair 500r Case (White) | HTC Vive!! | Shitty Insignia monitor

Peripherals: Razer BlackWidow Chroma | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Sennheiser 558

Phone: Nexus 5x
Tablet: Amazon Fire tablet (2015)

On 4/9/2017 at 0:00 PM, User Name said:

Witcher 3

GTA 5

Skyrim

Diablo 3

Bf4

StarCraft 2

I would try Warcraft 3 if you are a blizzard fan. Also check out Heroes of the storm from them if you've never played a MOBA, its mostly entry level compared to league of legends or dota 2. 

Check out any of the Counter Strikes which are excellent PC games and pretty much the only skilled based FPS still around from the early 2000's.

Check out Call Of Duty 4 on pc, probably the highest population COD on PC right now. 

If you liked Starcraft 2 I would check out Dawn of War 3 when it comes out at the end of april. The open beta will start april 24th i believe 

Pinball

NOTE: MAY NOT BE SUPPORTED ON YOUR CURRENT OS

Hello

The Dark Souls games are awesome open world RPGs. Hopefully we'll get a PC port when From Software does the sequel to Bloodborne.

Age of Empires II

My Gaming Rig (Build November 2014):

CPU: i7-4790K | CPU Cooler: H110 | Motherboard: MSI Z97s SLI Plus | RAM: Vengeance DDR3 1886 MHz 2 x 4GB |
GPU: GTX 970 G1 Gaming | SSD: 2 x 840 EVO 250GB and 2 x 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | PSU: HX750 | Case: Fractal Design XL R2 |

Deus Ex... Any of them, honestly.

Dishonored 1

Divinity: Original sin... Possibly the others in the series if you're into old RPGs.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Oblivion

Skyrim

Fable Anniversary

Fallout 1-4 + NV

Farcry 1-4 + Blood Dragon

GTA 4+5

Grid

Kerbal Space Program

Left 4 Dead 1+2

Metro 2033 redux + Last Light redux

Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl + Pripyat

Saints Row 2-4

Space Engineers

Stardew Valley

Terraria

The Witcher 1-3

Project Zomboid

Starbound

Sims 3... if it can be "obtained" for any reasonable price will all of it's expansions. It's nearly $600 otherwise.

And if you really lack any sort of self respect: My Summer Car.