Forgotten Windows Password.

joshua_lotion

So, recently, my aunt lent my sister her laptop. However, she played with it too much so my mum changed the password. Now, she forgot what she set it as.Any way to change the password or unlock the laptop wihthout altering anything? it doesnt belong to us so i dont feel comfortable doing the old. connect to another pc, copy out files and format drive

or can i connect it to my rig and edit the registry from my own windows acc? anything like that?pls help

32 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

I just hope the laptop doesn't have Bitlocker enabled. 

@joshua_lotion's mom just input password, so that's hard to enable bitlocker, if the bitlocker is enabled I think @joshua_lotion should choose Force Unlock in PRK settings.

Context Matters!

24 minutes ago, TechQuest said:

@joshua_lotion's mom just input password, so that's hard to enable bitlocker, if the bitlocker is enabled I think @joshua_lotion should choose Force Unlock in PRK settings.

PRK could only detect Bitlocker enabled partitions I think. PRK will only direct someone to Bitlocker recovery page assuming the person uploaded their encryption keys to Onedrive. I know that bypassing Bitlocker would be possible but it would be very, very difficult since it will boot to a pre-boot environment which requires a password before it loads the operating system.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside