compatibility issues

I am building myself my first PC. Although i have looked into the specs i could really use some first hand experience. I am deciding between i7 7700k and 6700k and to combine that with gtx 1060 6gb(Palit Super JetStream) or some recommended gtx 1070. And are CUDA cores more important than Gpu clock? Thanks

Depends on what you do with it

3 minutes ago, AlbinoTurtles said:

I am building myself my first PC. Although i have looked into the specs i could really use some first hand experience. I am deciding between i7 7700k and 6700k and to combine that with gtx 1060 6gb(Palit Super JetStream) or some recommended gtx 1070. And are CUDA cores more important than Gpu clock? Thanks

3 minutes ago, AlbinoTurtles said:

Depends on what you are using it for but if you can get a 1070. Also the 7700k is basically an overclocked 6700k for a little more so if you can go with that combo.

Unsure what power supply to pick?

Check out my HTPC build.

Quote me/others so we can help you

Comic sans is the best font

@deXxterlab97 Oh sorry, ofcourse as everyone else for gaming but also some light video rendering. The 1060 has more Ram clock than any 1070 i found in my price range but they all have more cuda cores than 1060 are cuda cores important for gaming or is ram more important?

9 minutes ago, AlbinoTurtles said:

@deXxterlab97 Oh sorry, ofcourse as everyone else for gaming but also some light video rendering. The 1060 has more Ram clock than any 1070 i found in my price range but they all have more cuda cores than 1060 are cuda cores important for gaming or is ram more important?

1070 > 1060. Very clear. VRAM speed does not only depend on their frequency, but also bandwidth. 1070 will out perform 1060 in any category. 7700k+1070 if u can afford it. OR go for 7700k + 1060. I believe the price difference between 7700k and 6700k shouldnt be tat much.