Desktop building help

Hello,

I first wanted to buy a desktop computer but it's way too expensive and most of the times building your own desktop is way better and cheaper! So I choose to build my own, I watched a lot of  @LinusTech on how to build a desktop but I'm still very confused and I wish there where instructions but it all depends on you, what you will use it for etc... I'm that type of guy that doesn't know what to do when he doesn't have instructions, so I really need your help to build it.

I will use it for Gaming, filming (screen recording), rendering videos.

I apologise if my English isn't perfect because I'm French - Flemish speaking.

Thank you for reading, 

Jack

Have to looked into the new Ryzen CPUs and Motherboards? If you are going for good performance on the cheap, AMD CPUs have always been the way to go in my opinion.

Building a custom PC is no where near as hard as it used to be. 95% of the time its simply plugging the components into the right spots, turning it on, then booting from USB to install Windows. Honestly the hardest part most of the time is simply picking out the components so I would start by setting a budget for you build and start pricing things out.

I am sure the folks here would be happy to help you pick out parts. ;)

11 minutes ago, iJacx said:

Is gaming or rendering a priority? If gaming is a priority, get the i7-5820K. If rendering is a priority get the Ryzen 7-1700. (for the CPU) How much money do you want to spend on this PC?

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Uses?

14 minutes ago, iJacx said:

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

10 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Is gaming or rendering a priority? If gaming is a priority, get the i7-5820K. If rendering is a priority get the Ryzen 7-1700. (for the CPU) How much money do you want to spend on this PC?

I will spend a bit of my money on it and my parents will also help get the stuff I need, I think the maximum would be 1.5k to 2k $. I play FPS games and I would like a decent graphic card. 

Thank you for helping me! I really appreciate it :).

I would really appreciate if someone makes a pcpartpicker.com for me :).

Jack

43 minutes ago, iJacx said:

I would really appreciate if someone makes a pcpartpicker.com for me :).

Jack

i will work on that, are you from France? Can you buy from amazon.de? ( Germany)

the budget is for the bare pc or also  for peripherals ( monitor, keyboard mouse)

do you want your pc to look nice? ( with a glass window) or you want all the money spent on power?

do you want to overclock?

edit: there is also for France

there it is: both a ryzen and an intel build with overclockable cpu and also quite good looking; if you don't want anything this fancy we can : save some money or get better parts ( really the only upgrade I see here is for the gpu that you can upgrade to a 1080 ti.

Buying windows 10 from kinguin will save you  a lot of money, but you have to download it from the windows store with a USB drive and then buy a key from kinguin

I would recommend searching for other places other than amazon: here in Italy we have retailers that sell the same stuff for 15% less 

intel build: gaming heavy

PCPartPicker part list: https://fr.pcpartpicker.com/list/nfwxCy
Price breakdown by merchant: https://fr.pcpartpicker.com/list/nfwxCy/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (€424.39 @ Amazon France) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Pro 280 64.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€124.76 @ Amazon France) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-Gaming K3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€139.99 @ Amazon France) 
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€144.90 @ Amazon France) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 525GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€144.97 @ Amazon France) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€53.86 @ Amazon France) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Video Card  (€539.91 @ Amazon France) 
Case: Corsair Crystal 460X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  (€177.90 @ Amazon France) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€124.00) 
Other: windows 10 from kinguin (€30.00)
Total: €1904.68
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-05 09:40 CEST+0200

ryzen build: more multipurpose 50% better in content creation, but 5-10% slower in games

PCPartPicker part list: https://fr.pcpartpicker.com/list/MQkxCy
Price breakdown by merchant: https://fr.pcpartpicker.com/list/MQkxCy/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 3.4GHz 8-Core Processor  (€359.90 @ Amazon France) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Pro 280 64.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€124.76 @ Amazon France) 
Motherboard: Asus PRIME X370-PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€172.89 @ Amazon France) 
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€144.90 @ Amazon France) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€53.86 @ Amazon France) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€124.00) 
Total: €1873.09
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-05 09:46 CEST+0200

Prices in France for some stuff ( especially processors) seems retardedly high, something like 25% more than in Italy 

building a pc nowdays is like building a lego, don't worry, and even if you have problems, you can count on the best of the best on this forum ;-)

9 hours ago, Flavio hc 16 said:

i will work on that, are you from France? Can you buy from amazon.de? ( Germany)

the budget is for the bare pc or also  for peripherals ( monitor, keyboard mouse)

do you want your pc to look nice? ( with a glass window) or you want all the money spent on power?

do you want to overclock?

edit: there is also for France

I can buy from any amazon in the EU.

8 hours ago, Flavio hc 16 said:

there it is: both a ryzen and an intel build with overclockable cpu and also quite good looking; if you don't want anything this fancy we can : save some money or get better parts ( really the only upgrade I see here is for the gpu that you can upgrade to a 1080 ti.

Buying windows 10 from kinguin will save you  a lot of money, but you have to download it from the windows store with a USB drive and then buy a key from kinguin

I would recommend searching for other places other than amazon: here in Italy we have retailers that sell the same stuff for 15% less 

intel build: gaming heavy

PCPartPicker part list: https://fr.pcpartpicker.com/list/nfwxCy
Price breakdown by merchant: https://fr.pcpartpicker.com/list/nfwxCy/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (€424.39 @ Amazon France) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-Gaming K3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€139.99 @ Amazon France) 
Total: €1904.68
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-05 09:40 CEST+0200

ryzen build: more multipurpose 50% better in content creation, but 5-10% slower in games

PCPartPicker part list: https://fr.pcpartpicker.com/list/MQkxCy
Price breakdown by merchant: https://fr.pcpartpicker.com/list/MQkxCy/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 3.4GHz 8-Core Processor  (€359.90 @ Amazon France) 
Motherboard: Asus PRIME X370-PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€172.89 @ Amazon France) 
Total: €1873.09
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-05 09:46 CEST+0200

Prices in France for some stuff ( especially processors) seems retardedly high, something like 25% more than in Italy 

building a pc nowdays is like building a lego, don't worry, and even if you have problems, you can count on the best of the best on this forum ;-)

I guess the first list is better for gaming, thanks. I will also add some led lights to make it even better ;) !

2 hours ago, iJacx said:

I guess the first list is better for gaming, thanks. I will also add some led lights to make it even better ;) !

Rather than some led i would buy rgb ram and a video card that have full rgb ( like the strix, evga or gigabyte)

And also buy the trident z rgb ram

Also rgb motherboard 

Im so confused xD.

23 hours ago, Flavio hc 16 said:

Rather than some led i would buy rgb ram and a video card that have full rgb ( like the strix, evga or gigabyte)

And also buy the trident z rgb ram

Also rgb motherboard 

I was looking at this video: 

and decided to build this Desktop.

Thank you everyone that helped me!

38 minutes ago, iJacx said:

I was looking at this video: 

and decided to build this Desktop.

Thank you everyone that helped me!

i don't get what you want to do...imho an all rgb build will look better

• 2 months later...

I would like to build a 4k gaming pc, all rgb and that haves a very good performance. I also will be editing and using photoshop. With the latest technologie but I dont want it to be more than +-2000 $. If anyone could make me a pcpartpicker list, that will be much appreciated 9_9 (I live in the EU)

Thanks,

Jack