Robust headset with mic

Moromann

Hi I'm looking for a new headset. I've managed to break 4 headsets over the last 15 months or so, and now I'm looking for something a bit more sturdy, both in terms of build quality and sound quality. My current headset is the Logitech G35, and (before I broke the cable) I felt like it had a very metallic and poor sound. Price range about $200-250. I have looked a bit at the Beyerdynamic DT770, but it doesn't have a mic. I've heard about these so-called modmics, but I'm not sure what's best. Anyone got some good recommendations? :)

- High quality mic and sound

- Robust

- $200-250

get a blue yeti/snowball and some sseperate pair of headphones

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

get a blue yeti/snowball and some sseperate pair of headphones

I'll be using it at LAN parties and stuff, so I can't have a table mic, but thanks for the advice. 

dt990 pro with amp

Too expensive. I live in Norway, and the price in US would be like twice my budget already. I'm also not a super enthusiast when it comes to sound quality, I just need something a bit sturdier and with better bass than those cheap gaming headsets. 

I'll be using it at LAN parties and stuff, so I can't have a table mic, but thanks for the advice. 

Too expensive. I live in Norway, and the price in US would be like twice my budget already. I'm also not a super enthusiast when it comes to sound quality, I just need something a bit sturdier and with better bass than those cheap gaming headsets. 

You'll need to get some sort of headphones then. Whatever's in your price range. You can get a clip on mic from Zalman for roughly $10 USD.

idk about you, but i'm gettings these. Preorder starts in 2 weeks.

http://steelseries.com/us/products/audio/steelseries-h-wireless

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Anyone got any sort of experience with the Sennheiser PC 360 G4ME?

Yeah, I have a pair I'm using (for skype, lol) until I get a standalone mic. 

Sounds very good, clear, has a nice overall sound, better than any gaming headset I've tried (Razer Carcharias and Megalodon, Logitech G35, Steelseries Siberia v2, can't think of others) 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

barf

same drivers as the HD 500 series

That looks awfully high quality 

YuzZsFW.jpg?1

and no wires too, wizardry. 

@Moromann Are you buying from somewhere like Amazon uk? If not where are you buying and what is your budget in your currency. 

Error: 410

@Moromann Are you buying from somewhere like Amazon uk? If not where are you buying and what is your budget in your currency. 

I'm buying from a Norwegian retailer, and the budget is 1000-1500 Norwegian Kroner, which equals $200-300. There are some extra costs due to import taxes and other stuff, but I might be able to stretch the budget slightly if necessary. I'm just looking for some good price to performance ratio headsets around the $250 price range, and so far the Sennheiser PC 360 seems like the best option. 

http://www.thomann.de/gb/beyerdynamic_dt990pro.htm they also sell the DT770. Will end up at 180 euro/240$ when posted to Norway. Get a Fiio E10 later on if you'd like :)

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

I'm buying from a Norwegian retailer, and the budget is 1000-1500 Norwegian Kroner, which equals $200-300. There are some extra costs due to import taxes and other stuff, but I might be able to stretch the budget slightly if necessary. I'm just looking for some good price to performance ratio headsets around the $250 price range, and so far the Sennheiser PC 360 seems like the best option.

Yep, if that's your budget they shouldn't disappoint.

Error: 410

so far the Sennheiser PC 360 seems like the best option.

There's literally no other good headset - audio-technica and Beyerdynamic's implementations are too expensive, and other gaming headsets are cheap trash at marked up prices.