MX Master skipping when plugged into rear I/O

Greetings. 

I just got my MX master, and noticed intermittent yet significant skipping issues when it's plugged into a USB 3.0 port on the rear I/O panel. Are you supposed to plug wireless mouse receivers into the front panel? I have only two USB ports there and I'd rather save them for external HDDs, my card reader, and flash drives. 

Regards,

Aereldor.

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

You may have a lot of EMI in your area, try to use a USB extension to place the receiver as close to the mouse as you can. Back ports or front ports should not make any difference.

Quote or tag if you want me to answer! PM me if you are in a real hurry!

Why do Java developers wear glasses? Because they can't C#!

My Machines:

The Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

-Processor: i5 6600k @4.6GHz

-Graphics: GTX1060 6GB G1 Gaming

-RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR4 2133MHz

-Motherboard: Asus Z170-A

-Cooler: Corsair H100i

-PSU: EVGA 650W 80+bronze

-AOC 1080p ultrawide

My good old laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo T430

-Processor: i7 3520M

-4GB DDR3 1600MHz

-Graphics: intel iGPU :(

-Not even 1080p

1 hour ago, dany_boy said:

You may have a lot of EMI in your area, try to use a USB extension to place the receiver as close to the mouse as you can. Back ports or front ports should not make any difference.

It's improbable. My setup is in an underground studio, where I can usually get no more than one bar of cellphone reception, and I use an wired internet solution. My phone is usually left on the other side of the room.

However, the mouse is only about six inches away from my audio interface. Reckon that could pose a problem?

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

3 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

It's improbable. My setup is in an underground studio, where I can usually get no more than one bar of cellphone reception, and I use an wired internet solution. My phone is usually left on the other side of the room.

However, the mouse is only about six inches away from my audio interface. Reckon that could pose a problem?

EMI can come from all sorts of sources, not just wi-fi and 4g. Poorly designed power supplies can introduce common mode noise which is an absolute pain to deal with. I would suggest unplugging any unnecessary power bricks and trying out the mouse. Gradually plug in more and more power bricks and see if you can find a particularly problematic one. Otherwise, I'm out of probable ideas.

Quote or tag if you want me to answer! PM me if you are in a real hurry!

Why do Java developers wear glasses? Because they can't C#!

My Machines:

The Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

-Processor: i5 6600k @4.6GHz

-Graphics: GTX1060 6GB G1 Gaming

-RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR4 2133MHz

-Motherboard: Asus Z170-A

-Cooler: Corsair H100i

-PSU: EVGA 650W 80+bronze

-AOC 1080p ultrawide

My good old laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo T430

-Processor: i7 3520M

-4GB DDR3 1600MHz

-Graphics: intel iGPU :(

-Not even 1080p

6 minutes ago, dany_boy said:

EMI can come from all sorts of sources, not just wi-fi and 4g. Poorly designed power supplies can introduce common mode noise which is an absolute pain to deal with. I would suggest unplugging any unnecessary power bricks and trying out the mouse. Gradually plug in more and more power bricks and see if you can find a particularly problematic one. Otherwise, I'm out of probable ideas.

I've only got the essentials near my desk- power bricks from my monitor and audio interface, made by BenQ and Tascam respectively. My power supply is cheap, but it is a SeaSonic unit.

At any rate, the issue hasn't reappeared, oddly enough.