Bypass a proprietary connector?

I have this Galaxy Tab from Samsung. There's no way in hell I'm spending another 30$ for a charger no one makes any more. Is there a way to bypass this with a solder job or something? Thanks in advance.

6 minutes ago, Dark Manor said:

I have this Galaxy Tab from Samsung. There's no way in hell I'm spending another 30$ for a charger no one makes any more. Is there a way to bypass this with a solder job or something? Thanks in advance.

Yes but its going to be getho as hell with a connector dangling off it and filling away some plastic.

Well, if you still have the old charger, or atleast the cable, you could just grab a 5v 1A power supply/charger, snip,of the plugs, strip the wires and solder the Samsung Plug to the new charger. Pls rap in electrical tape to prevent shorts!

if i remember correctly, Samsung Has always used regular micro usb plugs. In That case you can just buy Any cheap cellphone charger and use it.

2 minutes ago, tlink said:

Yes but its going to be getho as hell with a connector dangling off it and filling away some plastic.

Not if you do it correctly, with flux and heat shrink tubes/electrical tape.

3 hours ago, RUWO_builder said:

Well, if you still have the old charger, or atleast the cable, you could just grab a 5v 1A power supply/charger, snip,of the plugs, strip the wires and solder the Samsung Plug to the new charger. Pls rap in electrical tape to prevent shorts!

if i remember correctly, Samsung Has always used regular micro usb plugs. In That case you can just buy Any cheap cellphone charger and use it.

No I don't have the stupid iPhone looking thing. I was talking go around the port with a usb cable.

Just now, Dark Manor said:

If anyone has a pinout it would help tons

From left to right: vcc, rx, tx, gnd

From left to right: vcc, rx, tx, gnd

It's a 16 pin connector man. Ik the usb pinout

2 minutes ago, Dark Manor said:

No I don't have the stupid iPhone looking thing. I was talking go around the port with a usb cable.

djvOc.pngDid the plug look like this? Because then, its micro usb. Just go buy a cheap charger

djvOc.pngDid the plug look like this? Because then, its micro usb. Just go buy a cheap charger

No it was the really wide one on the first galaxy tab

Here' That pinout, or atleast the ones That interest you.

GalaxyTab7.7_USB-data_connector.png

OMG yes thank you.