iPhone 6 colored lines across screen

So a buddy of mine has an issue where he has solid colored lines on his iPhone 6 screen. Whenever he turns the screen off and on again, the colors change. The lines are both vertical and horizontal. This issue came up after he went fishing and doesn't think his phone got wet at all. What do you guys think? Thank you!

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

I don't think thats what it is because you can't even see the lock screen at all. The entire screen is covered by these lines. The colors were all RGB.

Just now, Martydom99 said:

I don't think thats what it is because you can't even see the lock screen at all. The entire screen is covered by these lines. The colors were all RGB.

its a screen problem take it to the apple store 

8 minutes ago, Martydom99 said:

So a buddy of mine has an issue where he has solid colored lines on his iPhone 6 screen. Whenever he turns the screen off and on again, the colors change. The lines are both vertical and horizontal. This issue came up after he went fishing and doesn't think his phone got wet at all. What do you guys think? Thank you!

4 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

its a screen problem take it to the apple store 

Before taking it to the Apple Store, turn off the device, eject the SIM tray and look the SIM compartment with a bright flashlight. There will be a circular dot inside. It'll either be white or red. If it's white, go to Apple. If it's red, that means it was exposed to water, and Apple won't touch it. That pretty much saves you the trip. Any authorized Apple Repair shop, such as Geek Squad, and the other phone companies will most definitely turn you away as well. With the contracts with Apple, it's Apple's rules or the highway.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204104