Cheap or free alternative to Adobe Acrobat Standard/Pro

Is there a good alternative to Adobe Acrobat Standard/Pro, that is either inexpensive or free ?

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

13 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

Is there a good alternative to Adobe Acrobat Standard/Pro, that is either inexpensive or free ?

Are you looking for a PDF reader software or also for creating and modifying PDF files?  Acrobat Reader is free, but it's a read only software.  For editing, maybe one of these?

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2096946/5-cheaper-alternatives-to-acrobat-for-pdf-editing.html

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

4 hours ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

Are you looking for a PDF reader software or also for creating and modifying PDF files?  Acrobat Reader is free, but it's a read only software.  For editing, maybe one of these?

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2096946/5-cheaper-alternatives-to-acrobat-for-pdf-editing.html

Creating and modifying. Ive been using it a lot more recently

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Just curious, why do you need a PDF editor? It's hard to find good free PDF editors because it's a pretty niche market. LibreOffice and MS Office both allow you to export to PDF, so creating one from an actual PDF editor is unnecessary for the majority of people who would want to make one. Just bringing this up in case you didn't know.

I've been using PrimoPDF as creation software. They have full version which, if memory serves, is cheaper than Adobe. There aren't any free editing software with even reasonable cons.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 hours ago, noahdvs said:

Just curious, why do you need a PDF editor? It's hard to find good free PDF editors because it's a pretty niche market. LibreOffice and MS Office both allow you to export to PDF, so creating one from an actual PDF editor is unnecessary for the majority of people who would want to make one. Just bringing this up in case you didn't know.

I mostly use it to create forms and modify forms. Family members are always receiving PDFs that have forms set up wrong or non existent. Stupid agencies in NY they work with want things typed up and set the pdf wrong.

5 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I've been using PrimoPDF as creation software. They have full version which, if memory serves, is cheaper than Adobe. There aren't any free editing software with even reasonable cons.

I'll check it out. Thanks!