Which X370 AM4 MBO (Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero or Gigabyte Aorus AX370 Gaming K7)

Hey there guys - as many people these days, I also plan to go with AMD Ryzen CPU as my next upgrade path (my old i7 4770K is good, but my Z87 MBO is acting a bit and getting new one is tricky). And for that I would love to get also new motherboard. While I decided to go with R7 1700 and just overclock it (and save around €200 for same performance and spend that extra on high-end MBO), with motherboards it is a tiny bit trickier to pick one. After some research I narrowed it down to two boards.

Because I have ability to get them both for around same price (despite what links I posted say) it really depends on "What is better". And that's what I would love to hear from you guys - which board is in your opinion and experience (if you have one or both of these) better? Should I grab Asus for more USB and better audio (+ RGB sync with my Asus GPU) or go with Gigabytes slightly better aesthetics, more sturdy PCIe and HDMI output if I'll ever need it (for example for APU if Ryzen/GPU breaks)? What are pros and cons both of them in your opinion?

Thanks for the help :) 

Imo this leaves to personal preference. If one of the brands serves you well before, then you will trust it's quality and you will go for the same brand next time.
Anyway I will go for the Asus one.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

have you looked at the Asrock Taichi I hear good things about that board. but if it is only between those two i'd go with asus just because i have used them in every build I have done so far and had no problems with them. 

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

6 minutes ago, LukaH said:

have you looked at the Asrock Taichi I hear good things about that board. but if it is only between those two i'd go with asus just because i have used them in every build I have done so far and had no problems with them. 

Yea, I looked at it, but because I am going from white case/white-ish components to "back to black with RGB" (GPU was first with my GTX 1070 from Asus) the overall design wouldn't fit it (and because I plan to move my case from floor to table, it won't be exactly eye pleasing :) )

Not to mention I have a slight issue with ASRock quality, or rather trust in it (as we used to use it at work as our budget MBO and it was quite faulty troublemaker). Not saying they are still bad, but ... you know ...

2 minutes ago, NuSpirit said:

Yea, I looked at it, but because I am going from white case/white-ish components to "back to black with RGB" (GPU was first with my GTX 1070 from Asus) the overall design wouldn't fit it (and because I plan to move my case from floor to table, it won't be exactly eye pleasing :) )

Not to mention I have a slight issue with ASRock quality, or rather trust in it (as we used to use it at work as our budget MBO and it was quite faulty troublemaker). Not saying they are still bad, but ... you know ...

I went with the Taichi on my Ryzen build and couldn't be happier. It also got a "performance award" for whatever that's worth. I got my 1700 to 4.0ghz on 1.39v, xmp for my 3200 DDR4set works flawlessly as well! 

ASUS if you have an ASUS ROG GPU for RGB sync and stuff. Also the asus has a coaster

AMD FX 6300 @ 4.6 Ghz CRYORIG H7 Asus M5A97 PLUS | HyperX Fury 8 GB DDR3 | PNY CS1311 120gb SSD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM EVGA GeForce GTX 950 Superclocked NZXT Source 210 Black EVGA 500B Logitech G Pro HP K3500 Wireless Keyboard |

55 minutes ago, PigWithAMustache said:

ASUS if you have an ASUS ROG GPU for RGB sync and stuff. Also the asus has a coaster

True, one software for RGB would be better than syncing 2 ...

But now that I read reviews on Amazon and Newegg on Asus MBO I am little bit hesitant. Seems like quite the number of them are DOA or with issues before flashing newer BIOS. But also it seems newer Gigabyte BIOS has some impact on performance... Maybe AM4 needs a bit more time to troubleshoot its problems...

1 hour ago, NuSpirit said:

True, one software for RGB would be better than syncing 2 ...

But now that I read reviews on Amazon and Newegg on Asus MBO I am little bit hesitant. Seems like quite the number of them are DOA or with issues before flashing newer BIOS. But also it seems newer Gigabyte BIOS has some impact on performance... Maybe AM4 needs a bit more time to troubleshoot its problems...

yes the main reason i am holding off on ryzen waiting for better stability and validated ram kits and a little bit of vega action. :) 

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

3 hours ago, ZM Fong said:

Imo this leaves to personal preference. If one of the brands serves you well before, then you will trust it's quality and you will go for the same brand next time.

I have to agree with this, it's comes down to which brand you prefer.  For me, I went with the Gigabyte K7.  I've long used Gigabyte boards and they've served me well, with the noted exception of the GA-K8N Pro-SLI socket 939 board that repeatedly blew out the capacitors with each board I replaced it with (grrrr).  Fortunately, that's not an issue anymore thanks to solid caps.

3 hours ago, Jito463 said:

I have to agree with this, it's comes down to which brand you prefer.  For me, I went with the Gigabyte K7.  I've long used Gigabyte boards and they've served me well, with the noted exception of the GA-K8N Pro-SLI socket 939 board that repeatedly blew out the capacitors with each board I replaced it with (grrrr).  Fortunately, that's not an issue anymore thanks to solid caps.

The problem is I never had (except for this one asus GPU now) any component from either manufacturer ... so I have no idea how good/bad they (and their RMA) are. I used to be MSI, ASRock, EVGA or other, more obscure brands, user for a long time.