Need input for watercooling in a Corsair 570X

Hello!

I would like to get some input for how to cool a 6900K and a 1080Ti in a Corsair 570X. Namely, what rad setup I should go for, and what would be the ideal choice of pump, res, and tubing width. Budget is a non-issue. Looking for as much plexi as possible.

Thank you!

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums!

since it has three front 120's i'd suggest a 360 in the front. prolly a 45mm thick, if you plan to do no-lo voltage overclocking.

add a 240 in the roof if you feel voltage increases are needed.

tubing is a "as i go thing" for what will/will not fit

an upright reservoir with pump with 200mm res mounted to the radiator

1_500_416.jpg

not a lot of tubing (too much green) and still pleasant to look at.

Thank you for your reply! But won't a triple rad as an intake degrade cooling as a whole?

On 02/04/2017 at 3:13 AM, airdeano said:

nope.

Alright, thanks!

I am planning, in fact to go with a similar setup to that one. 240 rad on top, 360 front, two blocks, on a Rampage V extreme, and another on a 1080Ti. The res will be a modular Monsoon with a built-in D5. Pretty sure I won't be able to mount the res on the rad, I don't think there's enough room but I will have to measure it out.

Do you see any glaring clearance issues with that config?

Thanks

I think you'll be fine.

This case is beefier than its younger brother the 540.

If you're concerned about air flow, just make sure that the 360 rad you put in the front has a low FPI (fins per inch) count So that it resists air less.

Something in the 16-18 FPI range would be ideal.

---

2 hours ago, PrimeSonic said:

I think you'll be fine.

This case is beefier than it's younger brother the 540.

If you're concerned about air flow, just make sure that the 360 rad you put in the front has a low FPI (fins per inch) count to that it resists air less.

Something in the 16-18 FPI range would be ideal.

Okay, thank you very much. One last question, can a single EK D5 handle these two rads (possibly 3, with an additional 120mm at the back if I go for thinner ones) and the two blocks? Thanks

31 minutes ago, LainVonDark said:

Okay, thank you very much. One last question, can a single EK D5 handle these two rads (possibly 3, with an additional 120mm at the back if I go for thinner ones) and the two blocks? Thanks

I've got a single EK D5 pump handling three rads (a 360, 240, and 120) with two blocks (CPU and GPU) and it's working great.

I also asked this question and was told that a D5 pump can handle that and more.

---

1 hour ago, PrimeSonic said:

I've got a single EK D5 pump handling three rads (a 360, 240, and 120) with two blocks (CPU and GPU) and it's working great.

I also asked this question and was told that a D5 pump can handle that and more.

Thank you, I appreciate the info!

So, I have now decided on the rad setup for my system. Currently planning on those triple radiators. 120, 240 and 360. Twin blocks, for the 1080Ti and a 6800K, both of which I will intend to overclock as heavily as I can.

I am however, planning to go with the slimmer, EK SEs, to avoid any potential clearance issues, since the case is not that big. Will those triple slimline radiators be able to handle the 1080Ti and 6800K at ease? or do I need to go with something more substantial?

Thanks

37 minutes ago, LainVonDark said:

Will those triple slimline radiators be able to handle the 1080Ti and 6800K at ease? or do I need to go with something more substantial?

The rads I use in my Air 540 are by Hardware Labs. (Black Ice)

They're slim (30mm) and also have a lower FPI density than EK rads so I can run my fans at lower RPMs.

I'm cooling a 6700K and a 980Ti with exceptionally good results.

The load temperatures I get on this loop look like the idle temperatures of other cooling solutions.

You're already using way more radiator space than necessary for the number of components you're cooling so you can expect to get some frosty temps.

---

36 minutes ago, PrimeSonic said:

The rads I use in my Air 540 are by Hardware Labs. (Black Ice)

They're slim (30mm) and also have a lower FPI density than EK rads so I can run my fans at lower RPMs.

I'm cooling a 6700K and a 980Ti with exceptionally good results.

The load temperatures I get on this loop look like the idle temperatures of other cooling solutions.

You're already using way more radiator space than necessary for the number of components you're cooling so you can expect to get some frosty temps.

Thanks for all your help man, I really appreciate it!

I have some clearance issues with the top radiator and 90 degree rotary fittings on the front radiator, it's a really really tight fit. The radiators are Dark Side LP240 and LP 360 slim radiators for the top and front respectively (27.5mm thick) so going with the EK Slim radiators I can definitely recommend (25 mm thick, just the extra 2mm I would've needed :P)

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB