3 Different Listings for the SAME Mobo?

I'm trying to buy the Asus' Z97-A, but, for some reason it is listed on Amazon twice, and Newegg once, with each listing at a different price point and slightly varied specifications. wtf?

Everything seems to mostly match up, all are by Asus, but for some reason the product descriptions/specifications seem to differ slightly, I've screenshotted and edited them all together here.

58dff4b8921dc_motherboardwtf.png.76c0ff7dd0a9df6cd33523c483dfb847.png

Here are also all the raw links:

Amazon ($150): https://www.amazon.com/Asus-DDR3-2600-1150-Motherboards/dp/B00K2MAU5Q

Amazon ($120): https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-DDR3-Motherboards-USB-3-1/dp/B00TXBP1NS#Ask

Newegg ($140): https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132510

What should I do? Why would this happen and which should I buy? Are they all actually the same??

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks guys.

(P.S. I'd also much appreciate opinions on the actual motherboard itself :D)

the first amazon listing is the 3.1 add-in card not incorporated on the i/o

the second is 3.1 is installed in the rear i/o

the newegg is the same as the second amazon listing with a $20 MIR

ive got the z97a (non 3.1) and it is fine. can't run NVMe m.2 drives just SATAIII m.2 drives.

doesn't clock my CPUs like the ROG mobo, but for a daily driver with some overclocking it is fine.

34 minutes ago, airdeano said:

the first amazon listing is the 3.1 add-in card not incorporated on the i/o

the second is 3.1 is installed in the rear i/o

the newegg is the same as the second amazon listing with a $20 MIR

ive got the z97a (non 3.1) and it is fine. can't run NVMe m.2 drives just SATAIII m.2 drives.

doesn't clock my CPUs like the ROG mobo, but for a daily driver with some overclocking it is fine.

So on the first amazon listing you're paying $30 more just for a usb 3.1 add in card, in addition to the 3.1 on the io? I don't see any info about that on the page, but unless thats the case how many more ports do you even get? Is that worth it?

Also, great thanks for your input about the actual motherboard, but I'm a little confused. Do you mean the motherboard doesn't support M.2 on PCI-E slots, meaning I would only be able to use my ssd on the sata express (at 10gb/s)? I thought all mobos with sata express support PCI-E for storage?

And since you actually own one, it's probably best for me to ask you: Is it a good mobo for the 100-120 price point? I don't want to have to replace it in a couple years because of it performing badly or not being able to support any future upgrades. Think that's a reasonable requirement?

the incorporated turned the USB 2.0 ports to the 3.1 ports.

the mobo does not support PCIe drives, just SATA drives on the m.2 socket.

ive had mine for two years without a hitch.

for new, mmm kinda dicey on price. what processor and what do you do with the PC?

Huh, I'm still confused what the extra $30 dollars is going to? Are you saying that, although the $120 one has usb 3.1 on board, it has 2.0 in addition to that, and the $150 one has the 3.1, but instead of the 2.0 slots as well, it just has more 3.1 slots? Like for example:

$120 has:

2 on board 3.1 ports

4 on board 2.0 ports

TOTAL: 6 ports

$150 has:

6 on board 3.1 ports

TOTAL: 6 ports

(just random numbers for a simulatory example)

And, to answer your questions:

The processor I have is the i7-4790K.

I do a good amount of gaming. Other than that, I do some music making (FL Studio 12), and mostly just normal browsing. Occasionally I'll do some photo or video editing but I'm not too concerned about that as I have access to other computers that are meant for that so if need be I could just use those for editing.

EDIT: I want to add, mostly, I just want to know that I'm getting the best (or close to it) z97/lga1150 motherboard I can for this price point. That's the hitch up I'm having. :)

Edited by Spiffeye

here is the 3.1 w/add-in card i/o

Asus-Z97-A-23.jpg

here is the 3.1 incorporated i/o (has no 2.0 i/o)

USB-3_1-and-IO_.jpg

worth the need for 3.1 or not, to me, so far, nothing yet worthy of this hoopla.

19 hours ago, airdeano said:

here is the 3.1 w/add-in card i/o

Asus-Z97-A-23.jpg

here is the 3.1 incorporated i/o (has no 2.0 i/o)

USB-3_1-and-IO_.jpg

worth the need for 3.1 or not, to me, so far, nothing yet worthy of this hoopla.

Okay! Awesome, I understand. So unless you'd recommend me to look for another motherboard that better satisfies my "best lga 1150 at price point" qualifier, then I'll probably just go ahead and pick up the $120 one.

Many thanks for all your help. :D