Wireless Wifi Adapter for new PC?

jewishdolphins

So i just built a new pc for my brother (not for gaming) and he said that he is not able to hook up an ethernet cord to the pc. As a result, we think we are going to buy a usb wifi adapter or some sort of wifi card so that we can be able to connect to the internet via wifi. I'm not too familiar with the names but i think the wifi cards are also called PCI express adapters??

well, the point is we called best buy and they said that they do not carry any pci express adapters but they do have wireless wifi adapters. They said that they have these four in the picture below: 

Just wanted to know if they were good and if they are what i am looking for. We just need a fast and cheap solution for having wifi access for this new computer?

1.PNG

If it's just internet access and the reception in his room is good, you can go with the cheapest thing you can find. 40-50 USD are way too much, if you ask me. Any 10 USD would do.

But, if I have to pick one from your sugestions:

Netgear AC 1200 High-Gain.... for 46,99

If have the Linksys AC1200 Dual-Band and the drivers are crap. You'll need to reconnect manually after standby every time, if you are on 5Ghz which is just annoying. The other netgear is just wifi-n and therefore way overpriced.

The last one is a compact one, which generally seem to have worse reception than the larger ones.

Ryzen 5 5600, 32GB DDR4, GTX 3070Ti, Acer Predator x34

InWin 901

You have

Newegg

Amazon 

NCIX US

Why Bestbuy? 

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

You have

Newegg

Amazon 

NCIX US

Why Bestbuy? 

"we need a fast and cheap solution"

that's why. we aren't gonna wait like another 5-6 days of delivery just for something that might be just as good as something from best buy.

16 minutes ago, jewishdolphins said:

"we need a fast and cheap solution"

that's why. we aren't gonna wait like another 5-6 days of delivery just for something that might be just as good as something from best buy.

But USB adapters are not as reliable as PCIE though. 

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

But USB adapters are not as reliable as PCIE though. 

There isn't really any reliability issue with USB-Adapters I encountered over the last 5 years. Assuming you don't need the highest throughput and don't buy absolute garbage...

Even my 3 USD one from china works fine, but only on a really short distance :)

Ryzen 5 5600, 32GB DDR4, GTX 3070Ti, Acer Predator x34

InWin 901