Concerning problem with my motherboard or maybe something else

Hey I was just tinkering with my system and it wouldn't turn on, then it did, and I thought it was just charged caps. Then it crashed, I thought that the screen had just gone to sleep but it wasn't waking up. The power on the inside was still on, lights going, fans and pump all working but my keyboard and mouse were not cycling just frozen. Now it won't turn on at all, I get power lights on my motherboard but it won't start up. 

I'm still within Newegg RMA period, but I'd really rather not try to get a new am4 motherboard right now since it too two weeks of backorder to get this one, if anyone has ideas on stuff not being dead I'd love you forever

Info: it's a gigabyte ga-ax370 gaming 5 

Cpu is an r7 1700x

That's all that's still in and still no response 

Edit the supply is an EVGA g3 750w forgot that bit

reinstall cpu it

if your cpu is not installed your pc will open but you screen will be off means no post

but fans and pump will still work so it might not be seated well

6 minutes ago, Ethocreeper said:

reinstall cpu it

Have done that

4 minutes ago, Ethocreeper said:

if your cpu is not installed your pc will open but you screen will be off means no post

but fans and pump will still work so it might not be seated well

Yeah I've had that problem with another system before, this is a total not responding the fans don't kick on at all

6 minutes ago, LabRat said:

list all parts.

32g of gskill trident z 

And a GTX 1080 strix 

My loop is a kit from ek the liquid 360 

And I have a couple of fractal silent 120mm fans in addition to the three Corsair SPs that came with my Corsair case

Just now, IronToBind said:

Yeah I've had that problem with another system before, this is a total not responding the fans don't kick on at all

myne in my case the fans sinned up

what do you have connected to the cpu fan header? anything or nothing?

2 minutes ago, Ethocreeper said:

myne in my case the fans sinned up

Yeah that's what I mean, my experience with not seating the cpu well prevented post but everything came on. This time it's just not

7 hours ago, LabRat said:

what do you have connected to the cpu fan header? anything or nothing?

The cpu fan header is powering my rad's fans ATM it's got a 3 way splitter on it

bypass the 1080. hook to motherboard.

Yeah I've pulled everything out because I didn't want to damage anything unnecessarily. But I can't bypass it my motherboard doesn't have a built-in so If I can get the thing to power up it'll need to go back in

if it doesn't have built in........... post link to proper board. the one I linked to has inputs.

disable the cpu header warning and connect those rad fans to the PS.

if it doesn't have built in........... post link to proper board. the one I linked to has inputs.

disable the cpu header warning and connect those rad fans to the PS.

How would I go about turning that off? Is there a jumper? also yeh it has an HDMI output on it but that is for the ryzen Apus it doesn't have a chip for graphics

The only thing the board does is this light here

IMG_20170330_153359.jpg

1 stick of ram farthest from the cpu. no boot?

what does the book say the light is?

6 hours ago, LabRat said:

what does the book say the light is?

That light is the onboard power button 

IMG_20170330_161557.jpg

I wish it just wasn't booting, I could give you guys more specifics, bios codes, something. But it's not doing anything at all

I recommend that you unplug the power cable, and remove the CMOS battery, leave it sit for a minute. Then reinstall the battery and plug it back in, and try powering it on again.

What RAM are you using?

12 hours ago, DrMikeNZ said:

I recommend that you unplug the power cable, and remove the CMOS battery, leave it sit for a minute. Then reinstall the battery and plug it back in, and try powering it on again.

What RAM are you using?

still waiting for that ( ram ). 1 stick.

6 hours ago, DrMikeNZ said:

What RAM are you using?

It's gskill trident z but I'm at the bare essentials right now cpu and Mobo trying to get some kind of response. 

Which I did actually I pulled my waterblock off and reseated the cpu then pulled it out a couple of times when I put it back on and pressed the button it reacted but now it's back to nothing

6 hours ago, LabRat said:

still waiting for that ( ram ).

I mentioned it earlier but it's two 16g sticks of gskill trident z 3200 

1 stick installed farthest from cpu does what?

and did you try the other stick too?

Reset CMOS

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

3 minutes ago, IronToBind said:

Yep

Did you unplug the PC from the wall and wait 5 minutes for the capacitors to discharge? (Before you removed the battery?)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

5 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Did you unplug the PC from the wall and wait 5 minutes for the capacitors to discharge? (Before you removed the battery?)

Yeah it's been off for a bit 

So yeah push button nothing happens

QUIK_20170330_170245.mp4

I guess the question is now that nothing looks to be wrong and it's still not working, is it my motherboard or my cpu?

2 hours ago, LabRat said:

Do this. Ryzen boards don't populate left to right even though they're labeled 1-4 like normal

Populate the DIMM closest to the power button, then try two DIMMs, one far right, skip one, then populate as well.

Don't populate the DIMM nearest the CPU..

A loose or bad 24 pin ATX power supply cord will also create this issue. try wiggling it, etc while pushing power on

3 hours ago, AlexCo said:

Do this. Ryzen boards don't populate left to right even though they're labeled 1-4 like normal

Populate the DIMM closest to the power button, then try two DIMMs, one far right, skip one, then populate as well.

Don't populate the DIMM nearest the CPU..

A loose or bad 24 pin ATX power supply cord will also create this issue. try wiggling it, etc while pushing power on

Did this, no reaction. The only joy I've had in my day of trying to fix this was when I messed with the cpu. Earlier I tried to reseat it and my system came on once but when it was turned off it would not start again. Just now I pulled the whole assembly off to make sure it was totally sound and the system came back on... Once. What am I missing? Where is it shorting and then magicly not?