290 and 390 same PCB?

Schubaltz

Hey folks,

I was wondering whether or not the Sapphire 290 (w/ stock cooler) and the Sapphire 390 Nitro (3rd party cooler) had the same PCB? I am after a second opinion as I don't wish to take the cooler off my 390 if I didn't end up needing to.
I am considering throwing my Corsair HG10 onto the 390 if it can fit as the cooling performance was great on the 290 using it.

Possibly helpful links:

290: http://www.sapphiretech.com/productdetial.asp?pid=290CE20E-681E-43C1-9A60-3D3BF65ECFCB&lang=eng
390: http://www.sapphiretech.com/productdetial.asp?pid=FF539E23-7718-4BDE-9E02-CF174D2BFCC2&lang=eng

Thanks in advance :)

Just now, TheRandomness said:

They both have the same PCB.

Awesome. I'd like the backplate to remain on the card so let's hope the screws can reach it.

They're extremely similar in design but not the same. So becareful with that. 

AMD-Radeon-R9-290-4GB-GDDR5-PCB_40634.jp

Sapphire-Radeon-R9-390-Nitro-+-Backplate

You can see that the layout of the card is mostly the same but the position of the components are different, a look at the caps would tell you that there's a difference in the design. Also with the power connectors 8+6 vs 8+8. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

On 3/30/2017 at 8:58 PM, Pohernori said:

They're extremely similar in design but not the same. So becareful with that. 

AMD-Radeon-R9-290-4GB-GDDR5-PCB_40634.jp

Sapphire-Radeon-R9-390-Nitro-+-Backplate

You can see that the layout of the card is mostly the same but the position of the components are different, a look at the caps would tell you that there's a difference in the design. Also with the power connectors 8+6 vs 8+8. 

Yeah, I was stopped when the card BIOS button got in the way. Didn't want to saw part of the cooler bracket off (wouldn't have affected anything) so I just reapplied the thermal paste and now the VRMs are running around 70-80C as opposed to 105C which is great.

40 minutes ago, Schubaltz said:

Yeah, I was stopped when the card BIOS button got in the way. Didn't want to saw part of the cooler bracket off (wouldn't have affected anything) so I just reapplied the thermal paste and now the VRMs are running around 70-80C as opposed to 105C which is great.

heh. Looks like the info came late

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case