Commodore C64

Bwithnewcast
Go to solution Solved by straight_stewie,
6 hours ago, Bwithnewcast said:

There is a Commodore C64 for sale for a good price and i wondered if it dident work if i could fiks it my self, i have no background in electronics and i am willing to learn about cool and old technology!

Even if you can't fix it, it's worth buying. Some day, someone who can fix it will almost surely be willing to pay you more than you paid for it.

However, since you don't already have the skills to fix it: DO NOT USE AN ORIGINAL COMMODORE 64 AS A LEARNING TOOL FOR LEARNING THE BASICS. They are simply worth too much to too many people. I think it's a wise investment, even if you can't fix it yourself.

Hey!

There is a Commodore C64 for sale for a good price and i wondered if it dident work if i could fiks it my self, i have no background in electronics and i am willing to learn about cool and old technology!

good luck prying the hands off a c64 owner. there was a company a few years ago that produced a clone with laptop hardware; dont confuse that with the original. Your phone is powerful enough to emulate the original. good luck with your quest

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Just now, SCHISCHKA said:

good luck prying the hands off a c64 owner. there was a company a few years ago that produced a clone with laptop hardware; dont confuse that with the original. Your phone is powerful enough to emulate the original. good luck with your quest

It is the original. But know it is not a op machine i only want some old piece of technology

Just now, Bwithnewcast said:

It is the original. But know it is not a op machine i only want some old piece of technology

vintage computing. go for it. i dont want to put you off it but be prepared for a lot of learnings. I think for an investment and some electronics learning go for a jukebox. there an old Austrian brand that floats around NZ, i cant recall the name right now but they did the old 10" vinyls. A mate of mine had one and we had a go at getting it working but he had to sell it coz he was poor and everytime we moved it; it needed a repair. Pinballs are a thing but really expensive for a classic machine, i dont have any connections for that.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

6 hours ago, Bwithnewcast said:

Even if you can't fix it, it's worth buying. Some day, someone who can fix it will almost surely be willing to pay you more than you paid for it.

However, since you don't already have the skills to fix it: DO NOT USE AN ORIGINAL COMMODORE 64 AS A LEARNING TOOL FOR LEARNING THE BASICS. They are simply worth too much to too many people. I think it's a wise investment, even if you can't fix it yourself.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

check ben heck youtube and use their forums

not super difficult to repair especially if you can get the full original manual

you may also check out 8 bit guy youtube

On 29.3.2017 at 2:04 AM, bcguru9384 said:

check ben heck youtube and use their forums

not super difficult to repair especially if you can get the full original manual

you may also check out 8 bit guy youtube

i love him, going to order some 40% hydrogen peroxide salon cream too, so i can retrobright it. Love me some techmoan too :)

On 28.3.2017 at 9:04 PM, straight_stewie said:

Yeah you are so right!