Car Help

DC
Go to solution Solved by HelplmChoking,
44 minutes ago, DC said:

I visited most of the car dealershop and the cars were pretty not good and overpriced.. Im looking for sedan or small car like civic

Which is why you don't buy from a dealer unless you can easily afford it, they have a big markup. Here's some of the interesting stuff on the first page;

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/6063178901.html

Awesome car, bit dull though

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/6063146839.html

Rebuilt after a crash, should be fine (got a "title", whatever that is) and practically brand new

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/6051349710.html

Great lil cars, manual as well which is a plus as well as being 4wd

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/6038602295.html

Something a bit bigger, super boring but will do 200,000 miles easy and super economic

I'm trying to buy my first car. I'm still a not that good driver and student working minimum wage I won't be able to afford a good cars.. Do you guys have recommendation for cars that cost around 7k? US Chicago...

Also do you guys know where to buy retired cop cars?(people said its good and cheap)?

The best vehicles I have ever owned cost $500

7k usd because you are in shy town.

You can get a very top rated vehicle for that cost.

Dont be the idiot driving the cop car ok, just dont. Go buy Edmonston's Lemon Aid book and find a reliable vehicle.

Do you want a truck, or a small car, medium car, small truck, 1 ton truck, large car, small SUV, med SUV large SUV, minivan, full size van?

If I were you, I'd buy an Import, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Mazda, heck even Hyundai's are good now.

13 minutes ago, yathis said:

The best vehicles I have ever owned cost $500

7k usd because you are in shy town.

You can get a very top rated vehicle for that cost.

Dont be the idiot driving the cop car ok, just dont. Go buy Edmonston's Lemon Aid book and find a reliable vehicle.

Do you want a truck, or a small car, medium car, small truck, 1 ton truck, large car, small SUV, med SUV large SUV, minivan, full size van?

If I were you, I'd buy an Import, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Mazda, heck even Hyundai's are good now.

I visited most of the car dealershop and the cars were pretty not good and overpriced.. Im looking for sedan or small car like civic

15 minutes ago, DC said:

Civics are nice, dependable cars, easy to mod to if you ever get into that.

If you're interested in gaming, check out my YouTube channel! New video every Saturday! Every comment, like, and subscription helps! Thanks!

(I don't have 100 subs yet so no direct link yet XD)

Easy answer would be to find something simple like a Civic for $5-6k then save the rest for repairs and maintenance. 

44 minutes ago, DC said:

Which is why you don't buy from a dealer unless you can easily afford it, they have a big markup. Here's some of the interesting stuff on the first page;

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/6063178901.html

Awesome car, bit dull though

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/6063146839.html

Rebuilt after a crash, should be fine (got a "title", whatever that is) and practically brand new

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/6051349710.html

Great lil cars, manual as well which is a plus as well as being 4wd

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/6038602295.html

Something a bit bigger, super boring but will do 200,000 miles easy and super economic

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

36 minutes ago, Avayel said:

Civics are nice, dependable cars, easy to mod to if you ever get into that.

Actually very difficult to mod, Honda generally squeezes every last KW out of their cars and it's hard to get anything more out of them. Nissans are generally a lot more moddable.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

Used car dealers just buy their inventory from the auctions, which is where you should go.

The problem with new and imports are you cant wrench on them, where as 1990 and early 2000's you can.

2 hours ago, Rangaman42 said:

Actually very difficult to mod, Honda generally squeezes every last KW out of their cars and it's hard to get anything more out of them. Nissans are generally a lot more moddable.

depends on the generation, the old D-series like the D16Z6 from the early 90's respond EXTREMELY well to boost, it's the U-lev shit of the 2000's that suck. the thing to make sure is set aside about 400 to 500 bucks to have a new timing belt and water pump done as 99% of Honda Engines are interference heads and the LAST thing you want is a timing belt breaking on you and FAR to many people NEVER do that maintenance.

there is also a SUPER hard to find cx (IIRC) trim level hatchback from the 92-95 generation that actually had a Vtec that was tuned specifically for economy and while it had way less power it got like another 10 MPG, the reason these are so hard to find is that is the LIGHEST body Civic out there so people bought them up and did B-series swaps with turbos to have crazy higher horsepower to weight ratios.

having spent time in nearly every gen of civic (with the exception of 2nd, 8th and 9th gen) my personal favorites are the 5th gen and 10th gen, my sister in law has a new EX-t with the CVT trans and you go from 60-80 in no time flat on the highway and don't even realize it, but a new 10th gen is well above the budget set, I bought my 5th gen 15 years ago for 7k, prices are like half now, the last I looked (haven't had one is many years myself), but they had the best interior design on the EX trim level with the tweeters that fired toward the windshield from the door and the fixed headrest.

5 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

depends on the generation, the old D-series like the D16Z6 from the early 90's respond EXTREMELY well to boost, it's the U-lev shit of the 2000's that suck. the thing to make sure is set aside about 400 to 500 bucks to have a new timing belt and water pump done as 99% of Honda Engines are interference heads and the LAST thing you want is a timing belt breaking on you and FAR to many people NEVER do that maintenance.

there is also a SUPER hard to find cx (IIRC) trim level hatchback from the 92-95 generation that actually had a Vtec that was tuned specifically for economy and while it had way less power it got like another 10 MPG, the reason these are so hard to find is that is the LIGHEST body Civic out there so people bought them up and did B-series swaps with turbos to have crazy higher horsepower to weight ratios.

having spent time in nearly every gen of civic (with the exception of 2nd, 8th and 9th gen) my personal favorites are the 5th gen and 10th gen, my sister in law has a new EX-t with the CVT trans and you go from 60-80 in no time flat on the highway and don't even realize it, but a new 10th gen is well above the budget set, I bought my 5th gen 15 years ago for 7k, prices are like half now, the last I looked (haven't had one is many years myself), but they had the best interior design on the EX trim level with the tweeters that fired toward the windshield from the door and the fixed headrest.

Yeah it must because the Civics my friends have had said they were easy to mod.

I like the look of the 10th gen.

If you're interested in gaming, check out my YouTube channel! New video every Saturday! Every comment, like, and subscription helps! Thanks!

(I don't have 100 subs yet so no direct link yet XD)