[Build Log] Helios - In Progress

Hello every one! new to this site, and relatively new to forum stuff. But ya I'm build a new PC after the few years I had my last custom computer, I feel like i learned a lot since then so I hope this one turns out nice and better! I'm currently at work but ill be posting photos shortly and hope my case comes in later to XD.

Item list break down:

Intel core i7 6700k 4.0GHz

Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2 Extreme Performance

ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC Gaming ACX 3.0 [Taken from my old PC]

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000

COUGAR COUGAR-GX1050 1050W [Taken from my old PC]

Phanteks Eclipse P400S

Update 1:

I received most of my parts today, basically everything but the new case. So I guess it's bench time!

partspile.jpg

Installed the processor into the board, and installed the H100i v2 onto the processor. I just used the stock thermal paste. I'm quite happy with the look of the armor on the board although the lighting on the board is a little underwhelming in comparison with the marketing photos. This disappointment does not occur with the TridentZ RGB! Such Luminous! Much RGB! The h100i v2 is quiet.

socket.jpg

processorinstall.jpgprocessorinstalled.jpg

coolerinstall.jpgcoolerinstalled.jpg

Yay Nothings dead!

firstpost.jpgupandrunning.jpg

Myself and my friend MrDavid decided to really push (as in without much effort) the system once we had it up and running. We loaded the "Gamer's OC profile" which gave us a 4.8 Ghz overclock and we borrowed MrDavid's GTX 1070 and put them in SLI since the board came with a high bandwidth bridge.

madness.jpg

The case is supposed to show up tomorrow, so more pics then!

Seeing this makes me excited for my parts coming!

Update 2:

The case came in! Sadly though I didn't manage to get photos of me putting it into the case itself. But the process was pretty smooth, did all the cable management with my friend. The biggest pain was getting the cooler in. After a while I realized that you have to purchase the adapter for the Phanteks case to make it Asus Aura compatible (So ill have to get that now). The magnetic LED strip that was included is nice though.

With that out of the way, all that was left was the small trip back to my place, Strapped it down in the back of my car with the net and everything was looking good... Sadly enough my sub decided to tip over and fall on the edge of it, thankfully it was just a scratch on the paint. A touch up paint stick will fix that no problem.

Home and all hooked up ready to go, time to see the light show.(with me moving rooms in a few weeks, things are a bit unorganized and not permanent)

purple.jpgblue.jpg

crestsofhonour.jpg

woahheyguys.jpg

So the last few finishing touches now are:

1.  Get extension cables from cablemod and hook up
  2.  Get Phantek Asus Aura adapter
  3.  Move and get a cleaner desk setup