Tips to update to Deans (Airsoft)

I have had many problems with small tamiya connectors

I have bought many replacements with the same problem, maybe my aeg is just lemon, "but I'm gonna try to get this working someday" I said and started google my answers, then  i found my answer "deans", the connectors had more surface area which helped with heat!

IMG_8068_go_x550-500x500.jpg.c632a3ba46014e5750476cc573adc501.jpg from to dean2.jpg.6f45b60e7ba25f600b811896ba290ccf.jpg this.

(If you have any concern about doing this, find your nearest airsoft store or welder to get things done)

• Firstly, you need a soldering iron and you should upgrade to some pair of good wires like Alpha Wire EcoWire® the cable is 16AWG (1,30 mm²) 
  • You may have to use sandpaper to get the coating off from the wires!
  • Here are instructions to soldering your wires to deans, Best results are with male T connector.

• Here's a photo of the wires to go to motor and gearbox.

• So if your going to replace all wires (which you should) Here's the pic for the wires to attach

stock-mechbox-wiring.png.3b8fe778f2adec5302388f51fc10ee21.png

• That's all set, If you need any help, i will answer!

Results:

• ROF (rate of fire) increased around 2-5 (Electricity flows better)
  • Better trigger responce
  • They hold the ware better
  • Easy to fix

Remeber to get two different colors of wires! I recommend red and black.

• Amazon (US) links:  

Deans:https://www.amazon.com/Sunkee-Connectors-Battery-Female-20-Pack/dp/B00GNX3SJS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1490598866&sr=8-2&keywords=deans+connectors

Wires: there are many ones to chose from, I didn't link anything here.

• Amazon (UK) link:

Deans:https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Cables-Batteries-Adapters/Pixnor-T-Plug-Connectors-Female-Shrink-Tubing-Battery/B00W6NA20M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490599877&sr=8-1&keywords=deans+connector

Video source: https://youtu.be/opMBIIB6l1M  (All respect to Forrest Trenaman, for the guide to "Soldering Deans Connectors")

Photos:1.http://gogo-rc.com/store/image/cache/data/Battery-Accessories/Accessories/IMG_8068_go_x550-500x500.jpg

2.http://www.batteryspace.com/ProductImages/adaptor/dean2.jpg

Gearbox(V.3): http://unconventional-airsoft.com/gfx/triggermaster/AK/stock-mechbox-wiring.bmp (cropped)

So why I post this, I have had this problem so decited to help others, and I'm learning to do these guides. Give me feedback.

Nice! I personally would have used xt60 because that connector contains its sparks, but deans is a good connector. It's used commonly on rc cars and trucks while xt60 is common on multirotors. 

ASU

Great tip, although I also recommend using xt60 instead of Deans if budget is not an issue. I started up with Deans witch are an awesome upgrade from Tamiya, but the xt60 is easier to solder and more resistant.

Also one thing you didn't mentioned (but probably mentioned in your links) : whatever you do DON'T SHORT CIRCUIT THE TWO WIRES on the battery. This is basic electronic but worth mentioning as two airsofters I play with did that without paying attention and fried their batteries. This is dangerous. Solder one wire at a time, and after soldering the first one add some isolation sheath before cutting and soldering the second wire. This way it's risk free.

[Insert smart comment here]

2 hours ago, jldjul said:

Great tip, although I also recommend using xt60 instead of Deans if budget is not an issue. I started up with Deans witch are an awesome upgrade from Tamiya, but the xt60 is easier to solder and more resistant.

Also one thing you didn't mentioned (but probably mentioned in your links) : whatever you do DON'T SHORT CIRCUIT THE TWO WIRES on the battery. This is basic electronic but worth mentioning as two airsofters I play with did that without paying attention and fried their batteries. This is dangerous. Solder one wire at a time, and after soldering the first one add some isolation sheath before cutting and soldering the second wire. This way it's risk free.

Lol especially if you're using lithium batteries, then you have a bomb in your face. I don't fuck with LiPos whenever possible. 

ASU

53 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Lol especially if you're using lithium batteries, then you have a bomb in your face. I don't fuck with LiPos whenever possible. 

To LiPO's credit I haven't had any problems in maybe 6 or 7 years playing airsoft and DIY. Even when storing them for a long time with barely enough charge to power a LED, they haven't failed me yet, nor burned me. The worst I had was a cheap "Firefox" LiPo (name unrelated to any web browser) which threw a little flame for half a second (poor isolation), desoldered all the contacts and was just... dead. No explosions. Quite disapointing tbh ;)

LiPos are not as unreliable as we like to think.

[Insert smart comment here]

36 minutes ago, jldjul said:

To LiPO's credit I haven't had any problems in maybe 6 or 7 years playing airsoft and DIY. Even when storing them for a long time with barely enough charge to power a LED, they haven't failed me yet, nor burned me. The worst I had was a cheap "Firefox" LiPo (name unrelated to any web browser) which threw a little flame for half a second (poor isolation), desoldered all the contacts and was just... dead. No explosions. Quite disapointing tbh ;)

LiPos are not as unreliable as we like to think.

Oh no they're reliable as hell, but they are very volatile. I store mine in a lipo bag that sits in a steel box. 

ASU

On 3/27/2017 at 11:52 AM, Hackentosher said:

Oh no they're reliable as hell, but they are very volatile. I store mine in a lipo bag that sits in a steel box. 

i accidently over discharged my Tattu 1550 75C rip

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein