Monitor for colour grading

Padorkous

Hello, i am starting to get into photography and cinematography and I really like it but sadly my current monitor is not the best for colour grading either for photos nor for videos, sometimes when I finish editing my photo and I am pleased with the result I go ahead and post it but sadly when it gets uploaded it look a lost worse than expected. So I am thinking about investing a second monitor just for this (and the flexibility it gives you of course) I wouldn't like it to cost more than400-500eur since I am a starter and I don't need it for really important work just yet. I would like it to be 1080p or more and not over 24-25 inches,

Thanks in advance!

29 minutes ago, Padorkous said:

Hello, i am starting to get into photography and cinematography and I really like it but sadly my current monitor is not the best for colour grading either for photos nor for videos, sometimes when I finish editing my photo and I am pleased with the result I go ahead and post it but sadly when it gets uploaded it look a lost worse than expected. So I am thinking about investing a second monitor just for this (and the flexibility it gives you of course) I wouldn't like it to cost more than400-500eur since I am a starter and I don't need it for really important work just yet. I would like it to be 1080p or more and not over 24-25 inches,

Thanks in advance!

Even if you buy a better monitor, you will still need a color calibration tool like an i1Display or Spyder.  You should also get a color checker card, like the ColorChecker Classic from X-Rite and finally learn how to work with color spaces and softproof your work.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins